LII. THE ENGAGEMENT

A/N Super tagal ko pong nag update kasi malapit na pong matapos yung story .. huhubels.. ayoko syang taposin sana pero kailangan eh.. down to 2-3 chapters :(

pls play the multi media

Vice woke up through the ray of the sun that hit his eyes. He stretched his arms.

He hugged Clarence at the side of him and extended to reach K. Kinapakapa nya ito subalit wala syang may mahawakan. Tanging si Clarence lamang at ang unan sa gilid nito.

Bumangon si Vice upang hanapin sa loob ng kwarto nya si K ngunit wala ito doon. Lumabas sya ng kwarto para tignan kung nasa sala ito.

Pero wala.

There was no shadow of her.

He put his hand over his sweaty forehead as he tried to control his breathing.

Nagulat na lang sya ng may maamoy syang isang pamilyar na amoy.

Adobo?

Isa lang ang natatanging nakakaluto ng paborito nyang adobo na kuhangkuha sa pang amoy at panglasa ng luto ng nanay nya.

Dalidali syang bumangon at tumakbo papuntang kusina.

In there he saw K cooking. Nakaapron at nakabun ang buhok. Dahan dahang lumapit si Vice sa kanya. He was few inches away from K.

"Bango ah..." he whispered on her ear.

"Ay Kabayo!!!!!" gulat na sigaw ni K. She held her chest.

"Aray K.." Vice fakely frowning.

"Ginulat mo kasi ako.. hihi.."

Her heart warmed and chuckled.

"Alam mo..I've known you for so long.. You're a strong girl with a good heart and you're amazing.. " Vice said smiling and shrugged back.

"No.. mali ka.. I dont have a good heart.. " She said frowning.

"Hah? Bakit naman? " Vice's asked im curiosity.

"Nothing.." mahinang sagot nya.

He kissed the top of her head. His arms tightened around her.

"Ano yang niluluto mo?" he asked. He was tip toeing checking what K was cooking though he obviously knew what it was.

"Secret.. Gisingin mo na nga si Clongclong.. Para makapagbreakfast na tayo.. " K said and pushed Vice a little.

Vice rolled his eyes into her. "Fine. Basta amoy pa lang masarap na.." he said and his eyes softened.

Once Vice had gone back to his room, K continued cooking. Lumabas ang mag ama at they all ate breakfast. It was the first time AGAIN that Vice had taste K's famous and his favorite adobo. Just in time they had finish eating they heard the doorbell and Vice volunteered to open it.

"Andami nyo naman yatang bisita dito.." K yelled she was cleaning the table.

She turned around and found Dingdong behind Vice five foot steps away. Vice face was neutral but his eyes were questioning Dingdong's presence. K was drifting her vision from Dingdong to Vice.

They stared at each other for what felt like forever. Vice's hand on his sides fisted.

Dingdong walked forward slowly to K and gave her a peck on her cheek.

"Hon.. I'm here to pick you up.." Dingdong killing the awkward silence.

"Ah. Yeah. Sige. I'll meet you up in the car.."

Dingdong paused. He looked at K then at Vice.

"Sure" he responded and kissed K again on her cheek before walking away.

"Kunin ko lang yung mga gamit ko sa taas" K said and walked passed at Vice.

But Viced held her arms and stopped her from walking pass him.

"Sya ba? Sya na ba ang nagpapasaya sayo?" he asked bitterly.

"Di ko alam ang sinasabi mo Vice. And it doesnt matter." K shruged.

"It does to me."

"Nandito nga ako para makasama kayo ni Clongclong but you knew Vice that we can't be together. I'm engaged." K said as she reached for Vice's hand.

"Ayaw mo na ba talaga samin K?" Vice muttered. His face was full of anxiety, fear and irritation. His eyes shows jealousy all over.

"Patawarin mo ko Vice. Di na ako pwedeng umatras. " K answered as she squeezed his hand.

"Mahal mo ba talaga sya?" Vice asked smiling in frown.

"Kailangan ko ng umalis." Her lips were pulled down into a small frown as well.

K let go of Vice's hand and headed to the room. She bid goodbye to the kid and left Vice dumbfounded.

Vice walked into his room and found his son watching tv. He didnt mind the kid.

He got into the bed and rubbed his aching temple. He wanted to shout and cry out loud but with Clarence's presence, he tried to hold it up.

"Dada? are you Ok?" Clarence asked him.

"Oo anak. Medyo masakit lang ang ulo ko. " Vice muttered.

"Mom handed this to me. She said I give this daw to you. " Clarence said and reached for the envelope to his Dad.

He started reading..

If there ever comes a day when we can’t be together, keep me in your heart, I’ll stay there forever.
-K

Sa ilalim ay invation card ng engagement party nina K at Dingdong.

He looked away in disbelief. He looked at the kid with his sad eyes.

His eyes crinkled with grief. The eyes that had been always filled with laughter and happy smiles were now invisible. He can feel tears building up in his eyes. He shook his head.

"Ginawa ko naman ang lahat ah.."

Suddenly he felt a heavy hug coming from his son. Clarence embraced him tight to comfort him.

"Ang buhay ko... "

"Wala na.."