LIII. TRUTH

Vice took a deep breath,took another two and closed his eyes.

"Ready ka na Meme?" Buern and Archie asked at the same time as they enter Vice's room. He opened his eyes and nodded.

"Sigurado ka bang pupunta ka?" Buern asked.

"Siguro.. Oo.. Hindi.. Di ko alam.." He nodded at him.

"Hmm. Ok.." Buern and Archie looked at each other for a while.

"Wish me luck" He told them before going out of the room.

He went to Clarence's room and the kid was not ready yet. So he stared at the kid for a while and think about their Supposedly Happy Family. He sat at the bed and closed his tired eyes trying to recall everything that he could remember about K.

He pressed a finger on the space between his eyes , trying to ease the knots that had started to form.

Then he frowned to himself because today was K's engagement party and he still not sure about coming into the party.

Wala na nga siguro akong magagawa kung ayaw nya na talaga samin.

K, by now. Whatever will make you happy.. Im setting you free..

He wiped a stray tear that escaped. His head started to hurt but he let everything sink in. A part of him, deep down there, knew that he would never give up on his love for her. Na kahit anong mangyari ay di nya susukuan si K. But letting her go dahil engage na si K? His not ready. But what will happen today is most painful event he will ever come to.

They went to the venue where the event was held. Everybody was there even Dingdong except for K.

Fifthteen minutes had passed and there was still no sign of K.

"Dada? Bakit wala pa po si Mommy K?" Clarence asked him.

Vice stood up from where he was sitting and started walking around.Fifthteen minutes turned into thirty minutes na wala pa rin si K. When it turned forty five minutes, Vice began to pace back and fourth nervously.

Nasaan ka K?

Vice tightened his coat. Negative thoughts had flooded into his brain. Halos lahat yata ng mga guests ay nagtataka na din bakit wala pa rin si K. Vice tried to call her but K's phone was off. He began to feel worried.

Karylle.. Ano ba ang nangyayari sayo ngayon..?

He was worried that maybe something happened to K but part of him knew that he was just being paranoid.

Nilapitan sya nina Vhong,Billy at Anne na natataranta na din bakit wala pa rin si K. Mag iisang oras na kasi silang naghihintay.

"Bestie.. nasaan na kaya si K?" tanong ni Billy kay Vice.

"Di ko alam bestie eh.. Nag aalala na nga ako.." Vice answered.

"I tried to call her but her phone was off." Anne said in a worried tone.

"Dada.. Gutom na ko.. Uwi na lang tayo.. Mommy K is not coming.." Clarence said to Vice.

"Ohh.. kawawa naman si Clongskie oh.. gutom na.. lika kain muna tayo dun sa buffet table.." Vhong pulled the kid and before they could leave he looked up at Vice.

Vice just nodded giving his approval and dial Buern's phone number.

But before he could enter the call button, an unknown number called him. He picked it up within the first ring.

"Hello??? Sino to??" he said as he answered the call.

"Ano??! Bakit?? Papano???" his voice quickly turned worried.