XXXIX. FALLING STAR

Ilang linggo ang lumipas ng nagpasya si K na umuwi sa Pinas at isinama nya ang anak na si Clarence.

Gusto mang  sumama ni Dingdong ay may mga bagay syang kailangang tapusin sa at maaring sumunod na lamang sya sa Pinas.

K and Clarence are now staying at Ms.Z's house. Ayaw nya munang bumalik sa dating condo nya. Ayaw nyang masilayang muli ang mga alaalang naiwan sa lugar na iyon.

"Mom.. " Clarence is now about to sleep and K was lying beside him.

"Yes anak.. di ka pa ba matutulog?" she was cuddling him.

"I'm not yet sleepy Mom.. maybe its just that I'm missing my bed , teddy, Granny , Daddy Dee , our house, my friends.. But don't get me wrong Mom.. I like it here.. with Tita Zia and Tita Nickz and ofcourse Ninang Anne, Ninong Vhong and Ninong Billy.. " malungkot na sabi nya.

"Ikaw talaga .. ang bata bata mo pa pero you think like a mature person.. You're so deep... " at pumasok sa isip nya si Vice. Na kuhang kuha ang pagiisip ng bata. Kung paano ito magsalita at magpahiwatig ng kanyang nararamdaman.

"Mana ka talaga sa kanya..." mahinang sabi ni K.

"Mana? What's that Mom.. " the kid got curious.

"Wala baby.. that was nothing.. matulog na tayo."

anyaya ni K.

"Later Mom.. just tell me a story..My favorite story... " he said excitedly.

"Ok.. basta promise mo after nito you're going to sleep na hah.. " she smile to him and kiss him in his temple.

"Promise Mom. " he answered back at nag ala honesto na nagpapacute sa harap ng ina.

"I really couldn't resist your cuteness.. "

She was about to tell him the story when sebody knocks on the door.

"Ate.. Baby Clarence!!! "

"Tita Zia!!! Tita Nickz!!! You're Home!!!!" sigaw ni Clarence at tumalon talon sa kama.

"Hi buddy!!! Look what we got for you!!!!" sinalubong ni Zia ang bata at niyakap.

"Ano yan?" he said.

"Oppps! Mali yang sinabi mo.." sagot ni Nicole at namewang sa harap ng bata."

"Im sorry Pow. Ano po yan?" he is so adorable.

"Yeeee. You're so cute. Here!!!" Zia handed it the kid.

"Wow!! Chocolates!!! " he said while jumping.

"Op.Op. You'll it that tomorrow. Nakapagtoothbrush ka na." K tried to stop him from getting some chocolates from the bag. The kid frowned a little but smiled after.

"Awww. He's not spoiled like you Nickz." Zia teased her.

"Nahiya naman ako sa hindi spoiled bratt hahahaha..." sagot ni Nicole.

"Kayong dalawa hah.. Wag kayong magpapakita sa anak ko na nagaasaran.. haha.. baka magmana sa inyong dalawa.." biro ni K.

"Ate naman.. para kang si Miss Minchin ka strict. hihi" Nicole answered back.

"Tama... hey buddy.. Why are not asleep pa??? " tanong ni Zia.

"Mom was about to tell me a story pa.. you want to listen Tita? Its really nice and she was telling me this story every night pag di pa ko sleepy.. " he went back to bed and lay down next to K.

"Oh.. talaga?? sige ba.. " Nicole answered.

"Ahmmm.. wag na kayong makinig dalawa. Mabobore lang kayo.. " pagtataboy ni K.

"Parang ayaw yata ng Mommy mong makinig kami sa story nya.." malungkot na sabi Zia.

"Mom Ok lang ba? Puhleease?" he looked up at K. K deeply sighed and nodded.

"Ang arte arte.hihi" bulong ni Nicole.

"Naririnig kita. Tumigil ka."K said as shr cleared her throat.

But both girls never dared to speak. They are all waiting and staring at K to start talking.

"Ok.Ok. Ito na.. Once there was star. A beautiful star. But she was sad. " K started. The three was listening attentively.

"Then something came near her and asked
'Hey there! Why are you sad?'

'Because I'm not shing as beautiful as them'
the star answered back pointing at some group of starts.

'You know what You are glowing but not as bright as them, you know why?' he said.

'Why?' the star asked.

'Because you are sad. You have to be happy and smile all the time so that you'll glow.' he said.

'You're just comforting me.' she said frowning.

'Look at me. I'm a star as well but never did I glow even once. My dream is to shine and I will never give up.'

'Are you sure you're a star.' the star asked.

'Yes? I guess so. Common let me help you to be happy. And will always stay close to you so that you can share a little brightness with me.' he said positively.

But the star knew that what she had talked with was not a star but an asteriod. She wanted to tell him but she dont want him to be hurt and loose his hope in reaching his dream to shine. The asteriod helped her with lot of things such as letting the star realized her true beauty. They stay together and the asteriod made her so happy until the star was getting brighter as ever. That she became the brightest in the universe.

One day when the star and asteriod were together, another star saw them.

'Hey. Why are you playing with an asteriod?' she asked.

'Uhmmmm' the star couldn't answer.

'What asteriod?' he asked.

'You! You are an asteriod!?! Cant you see? You're not even shining!' the other star said and left.

'Why you didn't tell me I'm not a star? that I'm just an asteriod?' he sadly asked her.

'Because I don't want you get hurt if you'd know the truth. That you'll leave me..' she said crying.

'Not because I believed and wished that I was a star ,that does not mean I dont have the right to know what I am. That doesn't give you a right to lie to me. I thought you were my friend.' he said in a very sad tone.

'I'm sorry. I don't want to lie to you. I know you're an asteriod but the only way an asteriod will have glow is that they have to fall on the ground but they'll die in doing that. I don't want you to go and I don't want you to die' she answered.

'I'm an asteriod and I don't belong here. But I will still continue wishing that someday I'll become a star ' he walked away.

Since then the star never saw the asteriod. Not until she saw that the asteriod was about to fall.

'Wait!!!' the star shouted.

'What are you doing? Don't stop me from doing my wish to be a star' the asteriod said.

'No I'm your friend and I'm not stopping you from doing it. I'm coming with you'

'Being with you is like having every single one of my wishes come true.'

The asteriod hugged the star tightly and both of them fall from the sky down to the grounds of earth.  The asteriod now is glowing so bright. Every human saw them. They thought it was a star. A falling star. And every time they saw a falling star they wish and hope that it'll all come true. Just like the asteriod that  once wished to be a star. "