XLVIII. A Thousand Years

Once a boy told me that sometimes people have to cry out all their tears, to make room for a heart full of smiles.

-K

"Vi---- Vice?" nasambit ni K.

Vice was speechless. Daig pa nya ang estudyanteng hindi nakapag aral at tinanong ng teacher habang nag ooral recitation. His mind blanked out. He doesnt know what or even how to say a thing. He just pointed  at himself assuring that he was the one K was pointing out.

"Yes. You." she answered.

"Ahmm.. Ehhh.. Ahhhh-----" he stammered.

"Di pala sinabi ni Anne na pipi ka pala. Are you?hihi" nagbibirong sabi nya.

Nakahinga naman ng malalim si Vice ng marining ang tawa ni K. He was relieved hearing her laugh like  it was a disease so contagious. But obviously he can't still believe that K recognize her.

"You.. You know me..You member me?" he asked. Nauutal man ay kailangan nyang iconfirm ito sa kay K.

"Yes I do remember you." K answered and Vice's face enlighten not believing what he is hearing now.

" Talaga????" he answered in disbelief. But boy, sure he is smiling wide.

"Yup. I remember you actually.. You're the guy in the hospital.. but im really sorry I dont know you..Anne just told me.. You'll be my partner today.. " she said with an apologitic look towards Vice. Nag iba naman ang mukha ni Vice. He frowned. Sadyang nalungkot syang malamang hindi pa rin talaga sya naaalala ni K.

"Im sorry we met not in a nice way. Im sorry talaga.."she said in sad tone but at the same time was sorry about everything.

"No its fine. I understand." he lied.

"But you know.. We can always be friends. As what we had before .. sabi ni Anne..:"K answered with a reassuring smile.

"Salamat K.. "yan lang ang tanging nasagot ni Vice. He doesnt know how to react. Masakit pa rin sa kanya ang umasa. Bumagsak ang kanyang dalawang balikat at halos hindi maangat ang mukha.

He felt like drowning,except that he can see everyone around breathing. Both of his heart and mind breaking.

K noticed it and she knew by that moment that Vice had something in mind. Something very sad and lonely. That she was thingking it might be something about what happened at the hospital. In an instant she wanted to comfort him so she gave him a warm friendly hug.

"I can feel you're a good person." she smiled through thier hug. And for Vice it was a very awrward moment but at the same time the moment he haad been dying to come.

God knows how much I missed you Karylle. And I would sacrifice everything just to stop the time for me to lengthen this moment. Please remember me. Please remember our love.

The next thing he knew he was  sobbing. He couldn't help it. He couldn't even imagine it. He wanted to hug her tight but can't move a single muscle. It was even hard for him to breathe. K tapped his back but not letting go from the hug.

"Ehemmmm!!! Sis kayo na next oh.." Anne cutting off the moment and poiting that they were next in line.

Nanatiling nakayuko si Vice that he was afraid to let everyone see his face. He was about to snatch a handkerchief on his pocket when K offered her one.

"Come wipe your tears. Once a boy told me that sometimes people have to cry out all their tears, to make room for a heart full of smiles."she said at umangkla sa braso ni Vice. Vice wiped his eyes and faked a smile.