Chapter Fourteen- A Glorious Morning

ah yes, the bright early morning, what can i say about this morning? well, it might of been the coolest morning of all. you see, you were slowly waking up, it was probably 5.30 by now, so you can guess why you were preety mad. you actually slept peacefully till a rooster started to do it's morning yodel.A rooster? in a city? why in the world a city? and it just had to be today, of all days? so yes, you were mad, really mad.

you came out of the sleeping bag and began stretching your arms, the early morning had taken it's toll on you. you actually wanted to sleep once again, but remember the days when you just wake up, wanting to sleep again, but couldn't? well this is one of the days, you grumbled a bit as you took out some clothes, from your bag, and walked to the bathroom.

after about 30 minutes, you came out of the bathroom and started searching for the nearest mirror. you took a look at yourself, you were wearing a simple outfit, and you decided to change your hairstyle into a 1 ponytail (if you have short hair, you left it naturally). your are wearing a pair of (favorite color) sneakers with a large grin plastered on you face, you smiled and was about to complement yourself when you heard the soft snoring of your friends. it wasn't persay the best time to say anything, you knew Amy would throw a complete fit if she was woken up at 6 AM. you quickly, but quietly, tiptoed out of the room. once you closed the door, you sigh in relief.you trudged down the stairs and headed to the kitchen, no one was in sight, you thought since you and the rest had a rough day yesterday, everyone was probably sleeping the day off.

you probably stayed at the house for 5 minutes till you felt really lonely. Now its no lie that you get lonesome easily, ever since the summer started, everyones been leaving you out. you sigh and took your direction to the window. your facial expression lit up instantly, you rush out of the house and stared at the porch.

now i wouldn't lie, but you somehow love to smell flowers. not like a florist, but you just thought it relaxed you. you walked to the little flowery porch and smiled at the feeling. you sometimes trotted around the porch with a smiling face, you would meet some people around the block or across the street waving at you. you waved back, and began to trot around in wonder. sometimes you would pluck a flower and smell it softly, or stand around doing absolutely nothing, or sometimes, you would lay on the green grass and stare at the bluish sky. everything around here, reminded you of home.... well a friendlier clone of your home. you sigh in relaxation, you turned your direction to the left and saw something.

the view you are seeing now is completely normal, just a tree standing proudly. you thought it was just an imagination but you swear you saw something in the corner of your eyes. you stood up quietly and picked up a long brown stick, which just so happened to be laying there for no good reason. you tiptoed to the tree, and was about to see the behind of it when that 'something' came out.

you smashed it with your stick while closing your eyes, you heard a loud 'thump' followed by an 'OWW!' you opened your eyes to find the blue hedgehog, rubbing his head due to pain. you dropped the stick in shock and said, "Sonic! what on earth, you scared me to death!"

He kept rubbing his sore head, "your telling me! geez, I already got Amy pounding me around with her hammer, and i don't need you doing the same." He said as he stared up at you. you crossed your arms.

"well sorry, but you scared me!" you said sarcastically, he finally stopped rubbing at it and gave you a cheesy smile.

"yeah, i guess it was my fault for scaring you..." sonic said, scratching his ear. you smiled at him and began wondering.

"Sonic, were you spying on me?" you blurted out of knowhere. he stared at you in embarresment when you blurted out those words. his face heated up.

"W-What? of c-course not! I just saw you standing in the porch and decided to company you!" Sonic stuttered and laughed alone.

you giggled at his explaination, "Companying me behind the tree?" you asked. Sonic said in a yelp, "well...yeah.."

you giggled again and decided to stop making the speedster more embarresed. you nodded your head at him and he smiled at you. you sat on the ground and leaned your back on the tree, Sonic just stood leaning on the tree. you and the blueblur stayed in silence, enjoying each others company. you sigh in content.

you soon felt a hand nesting on your right hand, you stared at Sonic as he grinned at you, "C'mon, I got something to show you." He said as he pulled you up to your feet. you smiled at his generosity and followed him. he led you to the back of the house and you saw a ladder leading to the roof. you wondered what he got planned, maybe pushing you off the roof to kill you!

sonic voice soon reached your ear, "Hey, you coming or what?" you stared at the blue hedgehog he was telling you to come over. you hesitated a bit, and followed him up the ladder. when you both reached the top, you smiled in awe, you could see the city from here! you saw many building high and short, you could see people or mobians walking around, doing their business, Sonic patted you to sit beside him, which you did. Sonic soon pointed out, "that's probably the mall you and Amy went to." you look at the building and saw he was right, memories of the adventure in the mall, you chuckled a bit and stared at the rest of the buildings. you saw that almost all the buildings have a shorter name to it.

you asked, "Hey Sonic, why do all the building have some shorter name to it, like M&M??" sonic stared at you and shrugged.

"well, i guess it's catchy that way..." Sonic said. you stared around once more, but you found yourself staring at this particle building. it was tall and had grey and black on the building, it was called G.U.N.

sonic saw you staring at the building, he said to you, "That's G.U.N, the top police agency. i have a couple of friends working there."

you didn't take your eyes off of the building, you asked,"closed friends I persume?"

Sonic laughed, "not really, you can say friends but we're more of rivals..." Sonic said, "Hey, I'm getting hungry, can we head downstairs and eat Ms.vanilla's delicious breakfast?"

you laughed and nodded your head for the hundredth time, he smiled cockly at you and said without missing a second, "Last one in the kitchen ius a rotten egghead, GO!" as Sonic rushed down the ladder.

you blinked, trying to consume the word, "Hey, no fair!" as you followed after him.

Everyone had woken up and we all began to feast on the food, you were smiling and chatting to the two giggly girls, you sometimes though caught a certain redhead staring at you. you blushed a couple of times, but tried to ignore it since you didnt want to be caught.

soon it was time to go, you packed your bags and ran to the others, who were waiting for you. you started to think about the morning, what a glorious morning indeed.