Chapter Twenty- The Hunt!

you are happily trotting around the forest with your somehow dark friends. You are having a blast with team dark! You walked around with them as they told you some of the missions they went through, Shadow would glare at you and the others when you'd bring up 'embarressing' moments, and Rouge would give you some boy advice.

You were having such a fun time that you almost forgot the soul purpose of why you were in the forest. You would occasionally glance around, hoping you'd get a small glance of the emerald. The sad part was the fact that it wasn't gonna be picnics and baskets to find! You got lucky last time, an hour or so of searching was actually preety easy considering that this search lasted for almost a half day!

You hoped that the emerald was just around the corner, somewhere where the eyes wouldn't meet. You sigh, frustrated and tired, your legs feeling like Jello. Rouge saw the action of your poor legs and laughed.

Rouge ask, "you okay hun? Looks like your gonna collapse any minute by now."

You glared at her a bit and said, " well, look who's talking, you got wings!" You pointed at her flapping wings that made her above the ground about 10 feet.

Rouge gave you a chuckle and smiled at you, "oh please, you don't even know what its like to have wings."

You shook your head, for a girl who's probably order than you, she doesn't act her age. Omega's robotic legs had made so much noise when he started walking, and you were trying really hard to ignore it. Shadow and Rouge didn't seemed so bothered by it, they were probably used to it.

Shadow had been quiet the entire walk, just like before. He seemed to be in deep thinking again and you were starting to get use to this fact.

The more you walked, the more anxious you got. Its been an hour more, and still no luck. You were starting to call the quits, but the member of the dark team weren't about to. You were sure they were getting bored and irritated, but they wanted to help you in the first place, so its kind of their fault..

As you walked along, Shadow glanced at you a bit, but when you turned to him, he had his eyes still facing forward. Strange, though you were sure he had been watching you. You turned your head away and continued on, though you knew, someone is still watching you like a predator staring at his prey.

Rouge soons ask, "so, do you know the exact place of the emerald?"

You sighed, you wished Tails was here, he'd be able to tell you that answer. You shook your head as Rouge slumped in boredness.

Rouge asks again, "do you think its in this forest?, it could be under a rock, behind a tree, under the lake or-" as Omega had cut her off.

"In a ruin." Omega spoken out. Rouge glared at his comrade and asks, "where the hell did you get that idea?"

Omega did nothing but pointed off the north, we all tried to see where he was pointing. Omega had pointed off to a old and broken down ruin. Its gotta be in there! Where else could it actually be?

Shadow nodded his head towards the robotic one, "good work, Omega."

Rouge cheered, " your the best!"

You smiled up at the robot, "great job!"

The robot did a small shrug, probably saying 'it was nothing'. You all sprinted into the ruin, as you saw it up close. The ruin was quite a large structure, but it seems like it is gonna fall any minute. There were small cracks everywhere, the door looked as if it was cut by a five year old, and dirt was falling off as it shake a bit.

You hesitantly stared at the others, wondering how they felt about it. You saw their faces, filled with determination and pride, its amazing to see people like these to be so bold and daring. Shadow and Omega marched into the ruin, silently. Rouge smiled at you, she got on her two legs and walked by your side.