Chapter Forty Three- Midnight Snatch

It was cold.

The day was about to end, as the sun went down from it's peak, leaving the bright twinkling stars filling the sky. You laid underneath the piles of leaves, trying to subdue your continuous shivering. The makeshift bed you had wasn't as comforting as the hammock, but it was better than sleeping on the cold ground.

The group of mobians had finally ceased their banter, and nightfall came. It wasn't long before everyone were trying to make comfortable beds for themselves. Now everyone has fallen asleep, while you laid awake, staring up at the starry sky.

And as relaxing as that sounds, you couldn't relax at all.

The fact Sonic, Manic and Knuckles were snoring actually wasn't a fact you were lying awake at night. It was half of the reason, you could argue, but it wasn't the real reason. The real reason you were in such a state, was because you were on a mission.

To go back home.

No matter how you looked at it, you just didn't feel like you'd fit in the band of creatures. Their so unique, and much more adventurous than anyone you have met. And it strike you on how different you really were.

You're human, and they were Mobians, anthropomorphic animals who were blessed with powers..

Well aside from Rouge and Cream you guessed.

That fact had made your stomach churn uneasily, feeling strangely homesick.

You sighed quietly, and try to sit up without rustling the pile of leaves beneath you. Slowly getting up, you cringed at the noise, looking left and right at your companions. Some shuffled at the noise, but none woke up.

You brushed off the leaves that stuck on you, before making yourself aware of your current surroundings. The Gang and you had decided to lay your 'beds' on the very pedestal where the master emerald should have been. The snore trio continued their endless snoring competition, while the rest simply slept without a care.

You looked around, searching for a certain leather wearing hedgehog, who was out of sight.

Your plan was rather simple. All you have to do to get the last emerald, is to simply snatched it when he isn't looking, and him fast asleep has gotta be the best and easiest way to snatch it. Scourge had apparently begrudgingly decided to stay her for the night as well, except he refused to sleep with us 'losers'. We allowed him to sleep anywhere he pleased. Besides, he's not going to go anywhere, tail's plane is kept under lockdown, everyone except Scourge could access it.

You walked down the stairs, looking for any sight of the green blob. If it wasn't for the slight muffled snores surrounded my grass, you might have missed him. He pretty much looked absolutely peaceful, laying down with no care at all.

You crept slowly towards the hedgehog, remembering his flirty remarks pointed here and there. Weary if you should go any closer towards the leather wearing hedgehog. You peered at him curiously, looking for the emerald he had kept in his grasp.

You squatted down, careful not to wake him up. You almost didn't recognize the flirty hedgehog. He looked far more peaceful, and relax, than his usual lax attitude. It was then, you saw the small glint. The emerald was clutched right on his hands. It was quite a sight, after all, it is the last emerald you actually needed.

Keeping your eyes locked on his face, you carefully reached out your hand. You carefully uncurled his fingers around the emerald, holding your breathe without your knowledge.

Scourge grunted, clutching the emerald tighter. You stopped breathing all together, as your eyes locked on the seemingly annoyed face, before it relaxed once more. Letting out a sigh, you once again, tried to unpeel his fingers, being extra cautious this time.