Chapter Thirty Eight- A Family Reunion..

I'm sonic's brother!"

Silence surrounded you both. You were almost taken aback by the confirmation. Of course, you actually were guessing this yourself, i mean, c'mon, he's a hedgehog! You were actually suspecting shadow to be related to the speedster. It shouldn't have been such a surprise to find out atleast one of the fellow hedgehogs to be related to each other.

By the time you finally got your head straight, the hedgehog had already put his hands down, simply staring at you, waiting for you to atleast react, or say something. In truth, when you stare at the hedgehog before you, you barely saw any similarites. Sonic had ocean blue fur, with green emerald eyes, on the other hand, 'manic', as you recalled, had green fur with brown eyes. Their hair styles are also different, which makes you ponder more.

Yet...

He somehow gave a very familiar aura like the mobian hero...a sense of pride and courage emitting from him.

When you still didn't gave in to speak, the hedgehog simply sigh, running his hand through his quills. He gave you a questioning look, before asking.

"You..do..know sonic right?"

Shaken off by the remark, your face completely morped into a kind smile, catching him off guard.

"Of course!"

"...ugh...well cool!", his startled expression turned into a friendly smile, "well, if thats the case, i guess i can leave n-"

His form was about to retreat, when you quickly took a hold of his arm, sending him a quick glare.

"Not so fast, just cause your related to sonic, doesnt mean you can just run off like that." you said, keeping a firm grip. He yelped when you did, giving a really childish pout after, as if saying, 'oh man'.

"Ugh..so close...thought it'll work.." manic said, his bottom lips sticking out. You almost bursted out laughing.

"You do know you could have run away when i was spacing out right?", you remarked with a sly smile, which causes him to pout further for not doing that a few moments ago.

He gave a low sigh again, before giving you the puppy dog eyes, "can ya let me go? Pleaassseeee~", smiling with those eyes.

Yet, luck wasn't on his side, as you blankly stare at him, not at all phase by the eyes.

"Hmm..no thanks."

"Oh c'mon!" he whined, before sighing, "it was worth a shot..i guess.", pouting once again, making you choke on your laughter.

"Soooo..what is it that you want?" he finally gave up on running, his shoulders slumped in defeat.

"I need your help..", you said, slowly letting your hand slide down from his arm. "There is something i need that you took."

He raised an eyebrow at the remark, looking curiously at you, "what is it?"

"..an emerald..", you replied, making him open his eyes in realization.

"H-hey! Wait a second! Your that girl i saw at that run down city!", he pointed at you, as if you are the one that commited a murder.

"Yes, thats right, and you see, i need that emerald." you said, holding out your hand for him to put the gem.

Manic looked utterly confused, before asking again warily, "why?"

You sighed, and sat on a log, which just so happen to be lying around, and looked at the ground a bit disappointed. "It's a really long story...."

The green haired hedgehog stayed silent, and you almost thought he had already ran off to who knows where. But thats when you felt the sudden weight on the log, turning your head to the hedgehog looking hesitantly at you, before smiling alittle.