Peace and Serenity (Obsession)

_________________________

Life is not about waiting for the storm to pass but learning to dance in the rain.
~Vivian Greene~
_________________________

A quiet groan slips out of my mouth without my permission at the soothing sensation of hot water running down my body. I absolutely love hot showers—even though they always make my hair frizz up due to the humidity.

I wash my body while on auto-pilot, my mind focusing instead on the plethora of things that have happened recently.

Taking the time to ruminate on the way my life has irrevocably changed, I can't help the smile that comes to my face. I can't help the feelings of fear and terror either, but they are undoubtedly overwhelmed by the excitement and joy that has been present since I met my soulmates.

After simply giving myself a moment to breathe, I reach out to turn off the shower, the cool metal slippery in my hands. Sliding back the shower door, I step out of the shower, my feet cushioned by the soft rug.

Unable to help myself, I curl my toes in the rug, a grin of delight overtaking my face at the familiar sensation. Grabbing the towel I had previously laid out on the bathroom counter, I begin to dry myself off.

Thankfully, though my period is always heavy, it usually only lasts for four days. I should only have to deal with some spotting, so I'll just wear a panty-liner instead of a tampon or pad.

After sliding on my bra and underwear, I shimmy into my black jeans. Rolling up the bottoms, I put my socks on, straightening up after I finish. I search through my bag (which I had ended up bringing with me into the bathroom) to find my deodorant.

Looking for a shirt to wear, I immediately eliminate any BTS merch along with my white shirt—which is basically see-through.

'Seems like I'm wearing all black today.'

Grabbing my black shirt from my bag, I slip it on before carefully applying my deodorant to my underarms, holding my shirt away from my body to avoid accidentally getting deodorant on it.

Finished with my clothes, I quickly brush my teeth. Hopefully, the minty taste will be gone by the time I start eating, but I'd rather that than knocking my soulmates out with my morning breath.

Giving myself a final overview in the mirror, I deem myself presentable and turn to head out of the bathroom. I remember at the last minute a ritual I like to do when I have the chance. Making my way back to the mirror, I lean in to give my reflection a flinty stare.

"You are beautiful. You are worth it, and you deserve love. Anybody who tries to tell you otherwise is a hater and only wants to bring you down. Being yourself is okay—don't pretend to be something you aren't. Most importantly...love yourself."

Slowly exhaling after my mini-motivational speech, I shoot my reflection a small smile, the words helping me prepare to face my day.

I leave the bathroom, dropping my bag off by the desk and checking on Jungkook, who's still fast asleep. Leaning down, I brush his hair out of his face and place a quick kiss on his forehead.

His eyes flutter open for a split-second, the touch rousing him, but they soon shut again, sleep overtaking him once again.

I suppress the giggle that wants to escape from my chest in an effort not to disturb him more than I already have. Glancing over to the other bed in the room, I note that it's empty, though it shows the signs of someone having used it—rumpled bedsheets and pillows strewn all over it.