I Have My Cake and Eat It Too (All Seven Pieces)

~Monday~

I can't focus on anything. All I can think about is my soulmate. What would they look like? Do they like anime? Do they like to sing? Would they be taller than me? What do they identify as?

The world had become a lot more accepting after the Soulmate Phenomenon with many studies being done over the acceleration of the worldwide acceptance in the wake of what many considered a miracle.

Yet even with the ever consuming excitement, a persistent nervousness still lingered within me, whispering shadowy doubts and ruthless nightmares to me.

~Tuesday~

I got sent home today because I couldn't focus. Luckily, it wasn't my boss who sent me home. No, it was another waitress by the name of Lucy. She was as sweet as pie and could tell with one look at me that I was dreaming of my soulmate. I appreciate it, but I won't be able to stop until I finally have my Mark.

I wonder what my Mark would be—it could come in so many different forms. The one thing I did know is that it would lead me to my soulmate, but that's it. Some people have a shared Mark, a representation of both of them twisting and twining together. Others have the first words their soulmate speaks to them as their Mark or even their soulmate's name.

~Wednesday~

I went back to work today and tried my best to keep them off my mind. I had to work extra hard, since I left early yesterday. I didn't want any of the other employees saying anything about me.

Lucy did her best to assist me, a knowing smile being directed towards me. I did my best to ignore it, a constant blush on my cheeks due to my embarrassment.

Am I really that obvious?

~Thursday~

What if they hate me? Would they think I'm ugly? Would they think I'm too boring? Would they think I'm fat? I have meat on my bones, and what if they prefer a skinnier girl?

On the flip side, what if they wanted someone with more curves?

I don't know what to do, my desire to be everything my soulmate wanted flooding my thoughts.

~Friday~

A couple of high school girls came in the café today during lunchtime. They were giggling over a boy band? I think they said the name was BTR or something like that. Hmmm. I wonder what their music sounds like.

I listened to music a lot—its ability to convey so many different emotions and ideas endlessly intriguing me.

It also helped me fall asleep when I was having a difficult night and brightened my mood when I started focusing too much on the past.

~Saturday~

It is so close. Just barely out of my reach. Soon, I would know what my Mark looks like. Soon, I would be able to run my fingers over it. In the meantime, Hwarang on Netflix is looking mighty fine.

I think it's time for a comfort day. Just me, some ice-cream, blankets, and my laptop. The world outside would continue to spin and I would be able to exist solely in the comfort of my bed.

~Sunday~

This was it. I lift the white pill to my mouth and slip it in. This is what I had been waiting my whole life for. I could only pray that they hadn't left me. That they had waited for me instead of finding someone else to love.