The Day BTS Fans Weep in Sorrow

~July 26, 2017 (the day Akari's Marks appear)~
~Dallas, Texas~
~Cotton Bowl Stadium~
~Fan Meet and Greet (after the concert)~

Namjoon smiles as he shakes the hands of another ARMY. The teenaged girl blushes beet-red before she hands over her album to be signed. Taking the disc from her and signing his signature, he sighs when she leaves to go to the next table. Today had been one of the longer nights and many things came close to going wrong.

Jimin had needed a last-minute outfit change, Yoongi's mic had dropped and gotten stepped on, Namjoon almost tripped while walking onto the stage, the list went on and on. Almost nothing seemed to want to go right tonight. Luckily, all 7 of the members of BTS made it through safe and sound regardless of the several close calls.

Shaking himself out of his thoughts, Namjoon registers a slight sting on the back of his right hand as he goes to greet another ARMY member. Brushing it off, he offers his hand to the girl.......who seems to be staring at his hand in shock? He frowns and examines the girl for anything wrong.

"Are you alright, Miss?"

She doesn't seem to have heard his words as her mouth slowly opens and closes. Finally, after minutes of her just staring at him, a quiet whisper breaks out of her.

"You.....you got your Mark?"

Out of all the things he was expecting her to say, that phrase was not among them. Looking down at his own hand, he eventually sees what the ARMY was talking about. On the back of his right hand, there was a golden starburst occupying what had previously been clear skin.

Namjoon brought his left hand up to run his fingers over the Mark. The Mark—which a few minutes ago—had not existed. He had always thought that him and his brothers didn't have soulmates. Wait a minute. His brothers!

Snapping his head up, Namjoon glances around trying to see if the rest of BTS had also received their Marks. Confirming his suspicion, all of his members were running their hands over a specific part of their body. He could feel his eyes fill with tears.

They'd all worried that they weren't good enough to be given a soulmate. That they had done some terrible misdeed in a past life, and fate decreed them unworthy of having a second half. This...this miracle proved them wrong.

The sounds of several fans clamoring for attention breaks Namjoon out of his trance. He quickly realizes that the fans were becoming dangerously close to hurting each other with all their flailing and shoving. Rapidly thinking of several plans, he picks the best one.

"EVERYONE! Please calm down! You will be reimbursed the price of your ticket for the fan meet! Please proceed out of the doors in a calm fashion! I apologize, but we must leave urgently!"

After finishing his statement, Namjoon turns to the others and quickly gestures for them to leave. Jungkook and Taehyung begin to speed walk towards their dressing room. Hoseok and Yoongi follow close behind with Jin and Jimin trailing them. Namjoon grabs his phone and jogs over to where they were waiting by the door to their room.

"Come on guys. We have to talk about what just happened," is the only thing he said as he leads them into the dressing room.

____________________________________

Waiting until everyone got settled, Namjoon couldn't help but run his fingers over his Mark again. They were somewhere out there, just waiting to be found by them. But to start looking for them, he had to get through this conversation first.