Airports Are Overrated and Some Fans Are Just Crazy (Also, Where Is Australia?)

__________

"Even when this rain stops, when clouds go away, I stand here, just the same."
~J-Hope~
___________

As the van pulls up to the entrance of Hopkins International, I gather up all my things. I didn't actually have to grab a lot.

I had left my duffel bag with the boys (I think Jin picked it up when we were leaving the hotel room) and only had my phone and passport on me.

"Let's go, everyone!" Manager Sejin is ushering all of us out of the van. The boys are probably at another entrance, so all their fans can see them.

I had googled what being at the airport is like for BTS and it's scary. Yeah, there's a walkway that's cleared for them, but can anything really stop determined fans? No.

I've seen so many videos of BTS getting trampled by people and I know for a fact I wouldn't just let that slide. Being excited for your idols? Perfectly fine. Literally knocking them over and almost getting them hurt? Unacceptable.

I'm greeted with a gust of cool air as I enter the airport with the group of personnel. Hopkins was busy.

People were shoving and pushing anybody who was in their way, desperately trying to make it to their flights on time. I stick close to my own little group and do my best not to lose them.

Alas, I ended up tripping over a guy's shoes and landing flat on my ass. By the time I managed to get up, I was surrounded on all sides by strangers.

Fuck.

Nope. I refuse. I am most certainly not getting lost in an airport. My eyes roam over everything near me and I almost give up hope, not being able to find anything slightly familiar.

I ready myself to call someone—maybe Sejin or Joonie—when I see a familiar face out of the corner of my eye.

There!

The girl who talked to me earlier is standing in a line with other people from the van. Sejin is at the front of the line speaking with the gate attendant.

Swiftly making my way through the throngs of people, I manage to slide into the back of the line just as Sejin turns around to make sure everyone is there.

The gate attendant—her name tag identifies her as Lily M.—opens the door which leads to a long hallway. Everyone in the line makes their way down it while I sidle up to Sejin.

He had told me we would be walking the boys inside, so I'm going to take a wild guess and say that I will have to deal with the wild fans I was mentally berating earlier.

Lucky me.

~o0o~

After following Sejin for a couple of minutes, we come to a massive, concentrated crowd of people at one of the main entrances. I can vaguely see the black SUV that my boys usually ride in through the thick crowd.

Manager Sejin muscles his way through the people and out the door, with me right behind him like a little duckling following its mother.

I thank God that my jacket helps hide most of my hair. That, plus the sunglasses and the hat I was wearing, hide most of my distinctive features. We finally arrive at the SUV, and Sejin opens up the door.