Breakdown in the Bathroom

CW/TW: written depiction of a panic attack as well as food-related anxiety and allusions to food disorders, drowning, and self-harm
_______________________

Focus on how far you've come, not how far you have to go
~Unknown~
_______________________

He couldn't breathe.

Everything had started out fine—he might even dare to say perfect.

The transition at the airport was a little rough but when compared to other times, it could be considered relatively smooth.

He hadn't been able to spend as much time as he would have liked with Akari. That was alright. She was here, with them, so he had the whole future to look forward to.

Picnic dates, cuddling underneath the stars, meeting his family, holding hands, cooking together—everything he could think of and so much more! He'd be able to share it all with his soulmate, their soulmate.

So, he was content with the maknae stealing her away amidst claims of birthday privileges. The sweet sight of her smile was more than enough for him to fold as easily as wet paper.

He kept himself busy by completing some minor things that were on his to-do list. He had let it build up over the past few months, and he knew that he would regret it if he didn't knock it out now while he had the time.

Thankfully, the work didn't take more than an hour, and he was soon able to clear the clutter that had consumed the small lap table in front of him. After packing everything up, he carefully settled back into his seat, prepared to try his best to catch a few hours of sleep.

He had grown used to late-night worrying that kept him up, so much so that how quickly he slipped off to sleep surprised him.

He couldn't help but wonder if it had to do with his soulmate, peacefully slumbering mere feet away, his words decorating the delicate skin of her inner wrist.

As the comforting darkness enveloped him, the burst of light that lay between his shoulders almost seemed to radiate a comforting heat that only quickened his descent into the sweet embrace of sleep.

_________________
(Four hours later)

He was somewhat surprised by the amount of sleep he had managed to get—far more than what he expected to get. He's not complaining though; he'd rather get more sleep than less sleep.

Once he was up, he took a moment to orient himself and think over the events of the past few days. Somehow, he managed to convince himself that they actually found their soulmate, that it wasn't just a dream.

Being able to see the top of her head resting against Jungkook's shoulder helped to confirm that this was, in fact, his new reality.

His stomach's grumble distracted him from his thoughts, bringing his attention to the monster he hasn't fed yet. Smothering a chuckle, his focus shifted to the goal of finding himself a suitable meal.

Deciding on what exactly he wanted took a few minutes, but he quickly managed to get a bowl of bibimbap, the delicious scents of the rice, vegetables, meat, egg, and seasonings mixing together to create a wonderful aroma.