Dinner and Tea

Even though she was invited by La Rue instead of Valentino, Emily Bowman did want to look her best.
General Valentino was technically one of her superiors and heard that getting his good side usually lend to pay raise and more vacation days.

A quick shower, a light amount of perfume and makeup, one hour of taking care of her hair.

A nice blue dinner dress and dark blue heels. She put in her contacts and a little more amount of makeup and perfume.

It took three hours but she was ready.

She lived in the base community area. A series of identical yellow houses were to the west of the base.

She lives next to a dentist and engineer. They were nice.

A car was sent to pick her up and drive her to the back to base.

The dinner was being held In the Formal Hall where high-class officers, politicians, and their guests came to have fancy dinners, listen to music, and discussing the topic of war and peace.

The Formal Hall was beautiful, it had a warm and welcoming atmosphere.

Classical music was playing, and many of the guests were socializing or having dinner.

Bowman was brought to her table, La Rue and Valentino were already there. The moment La Rue saw her he got up greeted her.

"Doctor! Glad you made it!" He shook her hand and pull out her seat.

"Thank you, General La Rue." She took her seat. La Rue on her left and Valentino on her right. Meaning Jacob would be right across her, except he wasn't here yet.

"Doctor Emily Bowman," Bowman looked at General Valentino, his eyes sharp and focus on her.

"Um yes! Hello General Valentino it is an honor to meet you!" She shot her hand out so fast that Valentino flinched.

"Yes." He took her hand and shook her. Bowman felt her throat dried.

"Now then, Doctor Bowman I have heard many things about you and you have much to explain about yourself." He said sternly.

She shudders. What did she do?

"Well I um well, I, I, I," she stops when Valentino laughed.

"Doctor, Doctor I just messing with you, I have only heard good things and I have also seen your record, clean and spotless." Valentino chuckled.

Bowman calms down. "You scared me there General Valentino,"

The General chuckled again "I'm am very happy to have you here at Sao Paulo, I wish I had hundred of you."

Bowman blushed, "Thank you," she looked at Jacob empty seat.

"Is Jacob joining us?" General La Rue sipped from his glass.

"Yes, he always late to things he doesn't want to attend. Plus had to find him a suit." La Rue said.

They waited for a few minutes, order their drinks, soups, and salads.

Finally, Jacob arrived. Even in a tuxedo, he looks intimidating. Nearly all eyes on him. The waiter who guided him to the table looks scared.

"Finally you made it boy, order you the french onion and salad with light ginger sauce."

Jacob sat down, "Thank you, what drink did you order."

La Rue smiled "Figure I get fancy and order us a nice bottle of wine."

Jacob scoffed, "Wine is for women."

Bowman laughs a little, she hoped Dionysus didn't hear that one summer a camper told the Wine God that wine was a lady drink, that camper sent the rest of the summer as a blueberry bush.