The Next Step

Carson adjusted the new TV he bought and made sure it works. He turns it to the History Channel and began listening to the program about The Secret of Nazi Germany and up was Hitler Elite Group, Later was How Alien visited and made Pyramids in Egypt.

Carson tightens the bolts on his table and tested the balance. Stable.

He sat down and pull out a map of New York City. With a red marker, he labels where he lived and where Olympus was. Right above the Empire State Building.

With a black marker, he dotted the spot where the cyclops attack him.

The apartment was about five miles away. Twenty minutes by car. An hour and a half to walk to.

Living under God's noses. Sometimes the best place to hide from your enemies to be close to them.

"Hmmm." He tapped the marker against the table. He needed a smith to build him a weapon and some armor.

And someone to teach how to control the Mist.

Carson looks through his journal looking at his information. Knowledge itself is a powerful weapon. But it is also very dangerous if used improperly.

'A forge needs a lot of space for the excess of heat and smoke, maybe a warehouse of some sort,' Carson thought to himself, "If a magical forge it might be more secluded.'

There was another problem, Hephaestus, God of the forge, fire, volcanos, and craftsmanship.

If there a magical forge, Hephaestus will have access to it. The gods hid among mortals was not uncommon. Even the most solitary of gods would appear in the mortal world from time to time.

They all had their favorite spots. For Athena, it was libraries and school, Apollo likes crowds that play music, and Hades would appear at funerals.

Carson had to care, the chances of running into a God are slim, but they can in multiple places at once and take the form of any creature.

Using his power or ever saying his real name might attract them.

He had to be careful, they thousands to be ready. Speaking of which, Carson needs to know the timeline of what happened after his last encounter with Olympians.

Greek mythology is the most popular mythology worldwide so the information won't be hard to come by. But it wouldn't surprise him if they alter somethings in their favor.

Carson looks at his map and marks the location of the New York City Public Library, only a few miles from the Empire States Building.

Damn it. Athena would go there and any other place that has books.

Carson began marking every library, school, and college on the map.

'There.' He thought.

'Your paranoid.'  The voice said.

'I need to cautious, freely roaming around is too dangerous right now.'

'Says the man who fifty different way to kill someone with a pencil.'

'Sixty-seven ways.'

'Of course, you do.'

Carson put down the marker and change the channel to the New York News.

Some shootings in Manhattan, burglary in Queens, and next week weather be cloudy with chilling winds.

He continued to watch tv until someone began knocking on his door.

He could sense no danger and walk-up and look through the peephole.

Sally Jackson was on the side holding something, blue?