Fear and Loathing in Neverland

Percy felt the cold water strike him; a shock went through his body. He didn't feel any pain or discomfort, it was the opposite. Percy opened his eyes and saw blue everywhere, energy flowed through his body as he swam. He felt a presence, something kicking and thrashing, Nora! Percy swam toward as she fought the water and grabbed her. He then reached the surface as she gasped for air. "Agh! W-what happened!" her orange bangs cover her eyes.

"It's going to be ok," Percy held tight, they bobbed in the water for a moment till Nora spotted land, "There!" Percy nodded, "Can you swim?" Nora steadies her breath, "Y-yeah." some instinct was telling Percy to get out of the water, now!

After a good minute they made it to the shore of pure white sand. It was beautiful! It looks like all the commercials on tv; Pure white sand, endless blue water surrounds a tropical island. Percy began scanning the area, the first rule Kratos taught him, always be aware of your environment. The beach, the water, some smaller islands in the distance. He turned to the jungle; thick, dense, fat greenery, almost like a solid wall of leaves and trees. Nora came up next to him, "Where are we?"

"Don't know," Percy shook his head. They are being dragged by the Augean Bull down a desert canyon in the middle of Arizona. Now he was standing on the beach of a jungle island. "MOO!" Percy and Nora's head turned imminently. The Augean Bull, who Nora dubbed Humphery, escapes the water and white foam. "MOO!" Humphrey cried and shook himself dry. "The Bull!" Percy dashed towards. Within twenty feet something else shot out of the water, over fifty feet long covered in green leather skin, its powerful jaws snapped at Percy! He rolled back before over two hundred teeth could bite on him.

"Holy Shit!" Percy screamed as the Crocodile yellow eye followed him, Percy began crawling backwards. His hand reached at his belt buckle and pulled his sword out the hammerspace. Nora panicked and froze as the ancient predator crawled towards Percy.

"HISSS" Its jaws open, it could swallow ten Percy Jackson in gulp! "MOO!" Humphrey came charging and rammed one his horns into the Croc side and flipped it over. Within the moment Percy got up and escaped toward the tree line. Close to Nora she grabbed and held him tight as they watched the beast's standoff. The Croc attempted another lunge but the left side of both jaws were slash by a horn. Humphrey raised his front hooves and brought them down the Crocodile. Before The Augean Bull could follow up, The Croc escaped back into the water, with its head still visible it released another hiss before sinking beneath the waves.

Percy's heart was doing the conga underneath his rib cage. He watched from the shores as the green beast that could bite a school in half sink beneath the surface and swam with the waves. "Leo?" Nora called out, the sounds of tropical birds and monkeys called back. Nora looked back at the water and saw the back of the Crocodile and panicked. "LEO!" Nora ran up and down the beach calling for her best friend. "LEO! LEO!"

Percy kept staring at the water, that thing his instinct was warning him about. He placed his hand over heart that was boogying like it was in an eighty's nightclub filled with cocaine. "Breath in, count to four." he told himself, he did. "Breath out, count to four." He followed his own orders. "LEO!" Nora ran in front kicking up the white sand. "Moo." Humphrey headbutted a tree and several coconuts fell, the eight toned- six legged bovine helped himself. Percy calm went over and started petting Humphrey. "Well, at least we still have the bull."

"Moo." Percy nodded in agreement, "Yup, everything going to be ok." he said trying to reassure himself. In his eye he spotted a sign covered in moss and went over. Rubbing the greenery off Percy read aloud. "Welcome to...Neverland?" He looked up away from the sign completely baffled, "Neverland! Like in the Peter Pan movies!?!?"

In his twelve years of existing, Percy has already encountered many strange things, but a fictional island from a story book? No, no, there had to be some logical explanation!