Berserk Part Two: Father's Rage.

Kratos and Prometheus walked through the Labyrinth Gate, feeling the sun shining over the fields of Texas. It took them longer to get out of Labyrinth, the Gates still needed to be worked on, the Labyrinth chaotic nature of changing was fighting against them. They left at six a.m. and only felt like a few minutes, but when they got out it was high noon. The intense Texas sun bared down on them

"Damn it that's bright!" Prometheus shields his eyes, Apollo that Pompous Douchebag, he always keeps the sun on high, that was the real reason behind global warming.

"Kratos, my Foresight is telling me the Ceryneian Stag is due south, about twenty miles," Prometheus said. Kratos nodded and they moved out. Kratos and Prometheus were wearing beige hunting clothes that removed their sounds and scent, the two resemble old fashion safari hunters. Kratos had his new rifle, The Harbinger, slung over his shoulder.

Today was his stepson, Percy's, seventh birthday. Sally was furious that he was missing it for a deer hunt. But this wasn't any deer, this was the Ceryneian Stag, its horns were pure gold, its hooves solid bronzes, and its hide was pure silver with golden spots. It was a sacred symbol of Artemis and the third Labor of Hercules, which it took Hercules a year to capture.

The Ceryneian Stag was extremely skittish, it's only instinct was to flee. If they screw up it could be years before they might find it again. Artemis has blessed this creature to be one of the ultimate hunts, its senses could even detect magical energy, and once it runs away Artemis herself would miss hitting it.

Even with Prometheus cloaking spell and the special hunting clothes, The Ceryneian Stag might still be able to detect them, for miles Kratos and Prometheus moved slowly, they didn't bring any communications, they left their phones and other devices behind for safe measure.

Kratos and Prometheus moved like they were on egg shells and for five hours they moved slowly. The tracks of The Stag were almost nonexistent and any other signs of the Stags, such as hair, droppings, or markings no mortal could notice. If it weren't for Prometheus Foresight Kratos would have a long day, Prometheus pointed at northeast, and the two moved.

Over the hills they spotted it, beautiful, elegant, and as big as a bull moose. They hunters laid low to the ground, Kratos loaded his rifle and looked down at the iron sight, and waited. Prometheus remained absolutely still. After a few minutes a breeze came from the south and The Stag began eating. Kratos focused on the heart and then after a second, fired.

BANG!

The Stag body fell, Perfection, but still the moved cautiously just in case, "Kratos, it's still alive," Kratos knelt down and pull out his knife made from the Nemean Lion's fang, he pressed the tip of the blade behind the Stag's ear, and then push it into the brain. Kratos gave a silent thank you to the Stag, grateful for its sacrifice. "Prometheus, remain still,"

Prometheus' eyes widened, "Is there a bee on me?" Kratos listened to his surroundings, "On my signal hit the ground," The titan waited for Kratos signal, which was a finger twitch, and fell flat on the ground, a giant arrow missing him.

"What the hell is going on?" Prometheus whispers. Kratos laid down flat, the tall grass shielding them. "Someone else is hunting the stag, there was another entrance wound."

"Is it Artemis and her hunters?"

"No, one person, not a god," Kratos slowly serpentine around. Using his collection of memories, Kratos was so stealthy that not a single blade of grass moved despite his massive build. Ninjustu, Ottoman assassin, bushman hunters, and western espionage had all taught Kratos the art of sleath. Kratos signaled Prometheus, 'Move up,' Prometheus nodded and slowly raised up with his hands up.