53.

once again, when you play this song keep in mind i'm changing some of the words around to fit the narrative better:)

song: how to disappear by lana del rey
play when you see the **

Olivia Thomson

"Damnit— take your shoes off." I grunt, rolling my eyes as I see the mud tracks all over the wooden floors from Harrys converse.

"What?" He says, looking up at me as if he didn't know what I meant.

"Your shoes, I cleaned the house like yesterday." I explain, and he rolls his eyes before slipping his shoes off, struggling a little but finally getting them. He places them on the doormat and then walks back up to me.

"Happy?" He says in an annoyed tone. I give him a cheeky smile, only knowing that would annoy him more.

I can't believe I was doing this. He's not my problem anymore, so why the hell am I helping him? I wanted to ask questions, but at the same time I don't want to push any boundaries like I usually tend to do with him, apparently. I wanted this to go as smoothly as possible, just clean his cut and tell him to calm his ass down.

"You can go upstairs to my bathroom, I'll get the first aid kit." I say quietly, walking into the kitchen and starting rummage through drawers. He silently listens though, quietly walking up the stairs, guiding himself to my room.

I guess I forgot he knows his way around here. It's weird to think we used to spend every night together, and now we can't even look at each other without wanting scream. It's exhausting, but I'm finally picking myself up. I had a self care day after singing that song in the studio. I just drove around, went to the beach, and got some ice cream. You'd think that would be the worst thing I could do considering I used to do those things with Harry, but it actually helped. Don't get me wrong, I'm still confused and I still miss him strongly, but at least I haven't cried yet today.

I sigh when I finally find the first aid kit, unzipping it and making sure it had everything in it. I grab it and a pain killer pill, taking them with me upstairs. I keep my head down as I walk upstairs, tired from everything that's happened today.

"What's this?" Harry asks, making me shoot my head up as I enter my room. As soon as I see what's in his hand I quickly drop the first aid kit on the floor, running over to where he was standing.

"I said go to the bathroom, not rummage through my things." I whisper in annoyance as I grab the pack of cigarettes that I bought earlier today from his hands.

I sigh to myself as I stick them back into the drawer of my dresser, not wanting to go into a more depth conversation on why I bought cigarettes. I honestly don't know why I did. Before all this happened with Harry, sometimes when he'd be out of the house I'd see his cigarettes on the counter and just decide to have one. I know they aren't good for you, but they'd help ease my anxiety sometimes... and they remind me of him.

"You shouldn't be smoking." Harry says, this time in a more serious tone. I look up at him and wrap my arms over my chest, annoyed that he's still trying to tell me what I can and can't do.

"Says the one who introduced me to it." I mumble before walking past him and into my bathroom, hoping he'll follow. I pick up the first aid kit that I dropped on my way to the door.

I turn the light on in the small bathroom and using my arms to hoist myself up on the counter so I could be eye level with Harry. He walks into the small bathroom, shutting the door behind him so we were both alone, making my heart rate quicken. I suddenly grew nervous, we haven't really been alone like this since he dropped my things off on the front porch.