35.

song: July by Noah Cyrus
play when you see the **

Harry has been very distant.

I can't say I am surprised though, I expected him to eventually take in everything that has happened, the kiss, spending the whole day together, all of it. I don't blame him for distancing himself, it's definitely a little weird; the things going on between us.

It's been two days since everything happened, and he called me once to organize the condo and how long we will be staying in the small town I visited three weeks ago, Fire Island. It feels like months ago that I visited that small studio in the small town and met Harry for the second time. I remember how shocked I was at how rude he was; oh how things have changed.

I was supposed to leave my apartment at 6 this morning, but of course I am about an hour off schedule. I passed out on the couch last night after watching a movie and eating almost a whole pint of ice cream. My alarm was in my room, so I ended up waking up an hour late, and I'm already getting yelled at over the phone by Harry and Frank for being late.

I hurriedly run through my house, jumping up and down as I try to slip my sandals on. Considering we where going to a beach town, I was wearing a white flowy dress with yellow sandals. My hair was pulled back in a dutch braid, a few strands falling out in the front.

We were staying three weeks in Fire Island, so I pack a decent amount of clothes. Mainly just sun dresses, tshirts, and shorts with a several swim suits. I heard the beach is amazing, so I made sure to pack all my best bikinis, including a white one, a red one, and a pastel yellow one.

Of course I grab my guitar, stuffing it into the black case before resting it on my couch beside my suitcase. I take one last look at myself in the mirror, grabbing some light pink lipgloss and putting it over my lips before grabbing my sunglasses and resting them on the top of my head.

The car ride to Fire Island was pretty quiet and calm, and I found myself missing Harry. I wasn't used to going on a long car ride and not having him snapping my head off for the music I wanted to listen to. God— we always argued about the music.

Fire Island was a very cute town, with small beach stores and people in bathing suits and flip flops all over the place. It was a very small town though, and it's going to be hard for me to get around without being recognized. It's hard staying in small places like this because once one person knows you're there, the whole town knows.

All the beach houses and condos were a pretty pastel color; pink, blue, yellow and green. They were very small, but most of them were right on the beach so it kinda evens out. Harry and I's were on a private beach, about a 10 minute walk from the studio where we would be spending most of our time.

I already planned a couple songs out that I wrote last night.

Most of my songs in the past have been about Dylan or my parents toxic relationship, and now that Dylan and I are over, I have a lot of pent up anger for him.

The past couple days have given me a lot of time to rethink everything that happened between Dylan and I, and where it all went wrong.

Dylan was a safe choice for me. He was that one guy that your parents always try to set you up with; the daddy's conservative boy who wears khakis and his hair combed perfectly to the side, goes golfing on Sunday's with all of his big business friends, and is extremely sexist.

I honestly don't know what I see him, he's the exact opposite of what I grew up wanting.

When I was a teenager I always wanted one of those spontaneous relationships where you never really know where it's going or where you're going to end up. A fun, lighthearted one with a guy who you could hook up with but also act like bestfriends with. Dylan was the exact opposite. He was put together, strict, and boring.