23.

Olivia Thomson

"Harry— you really don't have to. I'm fine." I tell Harry as he wraps the ice packet around my bruised wrist.

"This is my fault Liv. I need to at least do this." He says, grabbing a bandage and wrapping it around the ice pack so it will stay in place.

"It is not your fault." I remind him for what felt like the hundredth time, looking up at him.

After we left the club, he immediately brought my back to his hotel room and went straight into the bathroom. I am sat on the bathroom sink counter with Harry standing between my two legs so that I was eye level with him.

He feels so bad about what happened, and it is quite comforting knowing he cares so much. He keeps asking me every couple minutes how I feel and if it hurts. He's being incredibly sweet.

Never though I would say that.

As he is wrapping up my wrist, he abruptly pauses, staring at one of the bruises. "Fuck— I just wanna kill that guy." He mutters, still staring at the darkest bruise on my wrist that was left from the mans thumb. His eyes conveyed a look of guilt, which confused me becayse he did nothing at all.

"Harry. Just let it go. I promise you I am fine. These bruises will be gone in a couple days." I smile, trying to reassure him that I am in fact okay.

"But they shouldn't be there in the first place Olivia!" He suddenly raises his voice, but then takes in a deep breath and closes his eyes for a second. "I just— I just don't like seeing you hurt." He admits, keeping his eyes closed and his head tilted down.

My heart flutters at the confession he just made, and my inner school crush literally screams, but on the outside I just smile a little.

"I spat on him— if that makes you feel any better." I smile and he tilts his head back up and opens his eyes, showing a fain smile, but still looking sad.

"Gosh— I should be making you feel better. Not the other way around." He says, shaking his head before turning his attention back to my wrist. He starts wrapping it again, carefully rolling the bandage around the ice packet, making sure he doesn't accidentally touch one of the bruises with his other hand.

I watch in awe as he carefully tends to my hand, his face displaying a concentrated look. His eyes were the tiniest bit narrowed, and his brows were furrowed. He looked very deep in thought, liking he was battling to say something.

"Perfect." He says after he finishes wrapping it. He smirks at me before bringing my ice pack covered hand up to his lips and slowly placing a kiss on it, keeping eye contact with me the whole time.

God it drives me crazy when he does that.

"Thank you." I whisper, sounding more shy then I meant to.

Harry then suddenly places both of his hands on hips, and then lifts me off of the counter, turning me around and then placing me on the floor so I was standing in front of him.

"Mmm. That's better." He smiles, looking down at me with those green eyes of his.

He holds eye contact with me as he looks down on me. His eyes showed a look of faint distress in them, as if he was battling against himself with something. Suddenly his eyes shoot down to my hips, where his hands were still rested. I then realize how close we were, his hands on my hips and my arms wrapped around his neck. Immediately we both remove our selves from each other and take several steps back.

"Sorry." I mumble, bringing my hand up to my neck and rubbing it out of awkwardness.

"Uhm. Im guessing you're pretty tired. Do you want to go to bed?" He asks me, and I nod my head before quickly turning around and opening the bathroom door.

I start to go towards the hotel door to leave, but stop in my tracks when I hear Harry's voice from behind me.

"Olivia—" He stops me and I turn around to face him. He was standing in the bathroom door way, his hands folded behind his back. "You can— um... you can stay in here if you'd like to." He quietly suggests while looking down. "I mean— I know your hotel room is all the way down the hall... so if you're too tired to walk or something—" he rambles on, making me smile in the state of shyness he was in.

"I'll stay." I interrupt him, causing him to shoot his head up and look at me.

"Really?" He asks from across the room.

"As long as you don't get all pissy in the morning like last time, then sure." I smile, walking away from the hotel door and towards him.

"Ok. You can take a shower if you want and I'll let you borrow some clothes."

Harry Styles

I know, ok? I know I am giving in again.

But I can't help it.

The look of fear and pain she had in her eyes today when that fucking guy was hurting her, it made me sick. It literally made me feel like I was going to vomit.

I don't want her away from me, and having her stay in my room tonight will make me feel much better. I just have to know she's safe.

She showering right now, and I am letting her borrow my clothes again since she doesn't have anything else to wear. I am patiently waiting in the queen sized bed for her to get out of the shower so I can go brush my teeth and stuff.

I still can't get over the bruises on her wrist. Her perfect skin has marks of assault on them, and it makes so fucking angry. I hate it. I could've easily killed that guy then and there, but I knew Olivia was hurt, and I would rather tend to her than put my attention on a piece of worthless shit.

I knew I shouldn't have brought Liv to that bar. I knew there were drugs there, and I knew there were some pretty fucked up people who hung around there. I shouldn't have let her out of my sight, but she ran off so quickly when the topic of drugs came up. Does she have a history with them?

She does not seem like the kind of person to have any connection with drugs, but considering how anxious she got at the sight of them, it makes me think she at least knew someone who was involved with them.

I hear the bathroom door creak open, and I shoot my head up to see Olivia tiptoeing out. Her wet hair was folded behind her ears, and she was wearing one of my black t-shirts and a pair of my boxers. God did she look good.

She came over to the bed and crawled into the other side, keeping her distance from me. We both laid flat on our backs, looking up at the ceiling in silence.

"I really am sorry." I speak up, referring to everything that happened. I turn my head in the slightest bit to glance at her. She was still on her back, but her eyes were closed now.

"It's ok." She responds, barely above a whisper.

It's quiet for several minutes, both of us just lying there with our eyes closed in silence. But my mind was stirring with nervousness; I have never been in this situation with a girl. We were both laying in bed together, not daring to touch each other. The sound of a quiet sniffle caught my attention though, and I immediately shoot my eyes open to see Olivia in the same position, but with a tear running down her face.

"Baby... what's wrong?" I ask out of worry, turning on to my side to face her.

She sharply inhales before slowly exhaling and then opening her eyes. "I was so scared today." She breathes out, more tears starting to stream down her face.

I don't even hesitate to lean over and wrap my arms around her waist, pulling her into me. She rolls over on her side now, and I lay on my back. I wrap my arms around her waist and she buries her head into my neck, slowly breathing it. It's not long before I can feel her tears wet my skin, making me literally sick. I hate seeing her like this.

"Shhh." I say, bringing one of my hands up to the back of her head, slowly running my fingers through her hair.

Eventually her breathing slows down, and it goes quiet in the room. I let out a long sigh, stop the movement in her hair, and resting my hand back on her hip.

let me know how you're liking it!

also thank you all for 1k reads!

don't forget to vote and comment!