30.

song: Death with Dignity by Sufjan Stevens.
please please please listen! it will make the chapter so much more enjoyable ;)

Ring. Ring. Ring.

I abruptly jump up, shooting my head over to my nightstand to see my phone lighting up, ringing. My head was pounding, and I could feel the tenderness of my jaw without even touching it.

I reach over, groaning a little at the feeling of my sensitive neck turn, and grab my phone off the nightstand as it buzzed.

3:34 am.

Shit.

I glare at the phone, letting eyes adjust to see the screen. My stomach immediately drops when I see Harry's name across the screen. I take a deep breath before sliding my finger across the phone, answering it.

"H-hello?" I say into the phone, my voice coming out scratchy and groggy.

Silence takes over the phone, and I begin to think he didn't even mean to call me. Sadness takes over me before I hear a deep breath come through the phone.

"Olivia." is all I hear. The sound of my name coming from him already makes my heart jump.

I stay silent, not really knowing what he wanted, or what to say. He has no idea about what happened, and I am scared to tell him. What will he do? What will he say?

"Liv... please answer me." He breathes out, stumbling on his words. I feel my breath get caught in my throat before he continues, "Liv— please just let me know you're ok."

"I-I am ok." I respond, my voice scratchy. I can already feel tears pricking in my eyes, just wanting Harry to be with me.

"Please open the door Olivia. I've been knocking on it and calling you for almost an hour." He tells me through the phone.

My heart nearly drops at the words. He's been here for an hour? How did I not hear him knocking or calling?

"Ok." I say before hanging the phone up and slowly pulling myself out of the bed, walking out of my room and towards the front door.

I don't want Harry to see me like this. With bruises all over my skin and cuts on my lips. He's going to see me vulnerable, and it's going to change everything. Just like it did with my parents.

When my mom would be bruised, my dad would tell her she wasn't pretty anymore— he would shame her for the bruises he gave her. What if Harry does that to me?

I stop at the front door, keeping my hand on the knob but hesitating to open it. I feel a tear fall out of my eye, and rolling down my cheek, onto my nose. I bring my forehead to the door, resting it there and closing my eyes for a moment.

"P-please promise me..." I say though the door, barely above a whisper. It was so quiet that I doubt he even heard it.

"Promise you what?" I hear through the door, making more tears fall out of my eyes.

"Promise me you'll still find me pretty with bruises." I mumble, letting tears stream down my face at this point. My cuts were burning from the salty tears, but I couldn't control it at this point.