59.

song: cherry by harry styles
play when you see the **

"So, do you think we could do this again sometime?" Liam asks me as we walk out of the front doors of the art gallery we had been walking around.

I'll admit, I had a good time with Liam. He was nice, funny, talkative, sweet, charming, basically everything you could want in a guy. He talked about his friendship with the boys, how he started writing music, his family. He asked me about my childhood and my hobbies besides music, which I was pretty vague with. We spent a while at the cafe just talking and drinking coffee before walking across the street to the art gallery.

He told me his parents used to love going to art galleries when he was little, and he was enjoyed going with them. So, we decided to go to one today. I would never say it to his face, but it was pretty boring.

It's not that he was boring, it's just I didn't really understand the art or the meaning of any of it. You'd think I would considering I'm a musician, but it just felt like I was looking at walls of color. He tried explaining to me the symbolism and meaning behind some of the paintings, but I honestly didn't get the big deal.
Of course I told him I enjoyed it though, I wasn't just going to say 'oh yeah, it was boring as fuck.'

I'd be lying if I said I didn't think of Harry for half the time as well. It's not like I wanted to though, I just couldn't help it. The smallest things would happen and it would remind me of him. Or Liam would say something that would make me think of a joke Harry has said. Every time he popped into my head I tried to block him out of it, but he kept finding a way in again. It was frustrating, so I got to a point where I just gave up.

"Yeah, maybe. I'll have to see when I'm free." I answer Liam vaguely as we walk through the parking lot and across the street back to our cars.

It was probably five o'clock now, so the sun is just barely setting. There was a nice pink and orange glow surrounding the sky with white clouds, it was honestly beautiful outside. I do miss the New York chill in the air, but I love that it is always sunny here.

As we approach our cars, I could feel myself growing nervous with what was going to happen next. Is he going to ask me out again? If he does, what should I say? It's not like I didn't enjoy this, because I did, it's just... like I said before, I cant get that English green eyed asshole out of my head. It's not fair to Liam if I am thinking of Harry the whole time we're together, but also maybe this is the right thing to do... maybe if I continue to go out with Liam I'll eventually get over Harry.

"I had a really good time Liam, thank you." I say as I stop in front of my car and turn around to face him, giving him a reassuring smile.

His face lightens up at my words, his lips creeping up into a smile and his eyes squinting as his smile grew. "It was my pleasure Olivia."

I smile before reaching in and embracing him in a hug, kissing his cheek before letting go. "I'll call you later, okay? Maybe we can do something again next week?" I suggest as I begin to unlock my car door.

"Yes! I'd love that!" He smiles as he opens my car door for me, stepping to the side and letting me climb in. I nod a thank you before getting into the car.

"See you!" I smile before shutting the car door, watching as he waves before walking away, out of my line of view.

I let go of a breath I didn't even realize I was holding, running my fingers through my hair and relaxing my shoulders. I don't know why I was so fucking nervous for this, but I was. Not only was I nervous for this date, I have also been on edge from everything that happened with Harry.