Chapter 1- The night of the ball

Her eyes passed by object from object in the great hall. The ball was winter themed. Curtains in silver hung all over the walls and the floor was covered in a small layer of fake snow.

Leia's eyes drifted in the room, the big ice sculpture in the far end, an ocean of students dancing in front of it, the big buffet by the side and- Harry?- just beside her apparently.

"Hi, you don't mind, do you?" He said smiling and he gestured with his hands holding an ice-cone, an empty ice-cone. She had totally forgotten that she was standing next to the drink table and had gone there to fetch some drinks for her friends.

"Oh right!" she awoke from her glaring, turned around and laid eyes on the biggest table placed right in the middle of the room. That too was decorated with fake ice and snow and hundreds of flavours to top your ice-cone with. "Of course," Leia said while she smiled and took the cone.

Harry Potter and Leia Bright were friends, they'd been in school together from first year and immediately took off when both were sorted into Gryffindor. Although they were not best friends, many would probably explain their relationship as complicated. 

Harry was restrained, more of a logical thinker even though he was sensitive and sometimes irrational. Leia on the other hand was more of an explosion with her thoughts. She was impulsive and spontaneous.

"Let me guess your flavour, Potter, hmm..." Her face made a fake concentrated look, she pretended to think intensively, "...strawberry?" she asked sneering up at Harry, her head tilting slightly.

She was closer to Hermoine and so what Ginny, and just last year she became good friends with Luna too. Harry on the other hand spent more time with the Gryffindor boys, especially Ron. She and Hermoine often tagged along the two of them and had become close to the Weasley family when they visited them during Christmas break first year.

He looked startled at first, then and smiled intrigued, clearly impressed of her guessing game. "No way, Bright, tell me how you did it?" Harry demanded. 

His jaw clenched, it did look very sharp. She trough her eyes of it and it accidentally landed on his clearly muscled torso.

He was wearing black pants and a white long-sleeved shirt, not buttoned under his chin. His hands clutched the table as he leaned back. Despite the effort with hair gel, his messy black hair wasn't contained.

She did notice that he looked extremely attractive in white.

"A witch never reveals her secrets, Harry," she crossed her arms in front of her, lifting her eyebrows.

"Eh, you probably saw me choosing that one earlier tonight," he answered blowing a piece of his hair from his forehead.

"Oh, oh, oh" She sounded in a mocking tone, "You just can't stand that you're not as clever as me" her head tilted down to her feet and she smied.

He surprised her next and placed his hand on her jaw and made her look up in his firm grasp, "No, you just can't stand that I'm the only one who sees right through you, Bright" he stated looking in her eyes.

Her stomach fell. Never had she noticed his hands being that knee-weakning and veiny. 

But Harry was a good friend only of course.

"You're begging for it Potter." she started to explain and trew his hand down, "First of all, I sit next to your table you know, over at the Gryffindor side, that would make your way to this side of the drink table a big detour. You must have gone here for the flavoors, right?" he put his tongue to the side of his cheeks in a smirk.

Then I figured sense you don't want to spill on your expensive and also very fine suit" she put a hand to his collar and tucked it in place, it shouldn't have made her shiver like that when he looked her up and down after her doing so, she continued,