Chapter 5- Confusing truths

The common room was a blur to Leia. She didn't register who were there or saying hi. The clothes that weren't even hers needed to be gone and she also needed to vent.

But Hermoine wasn't in their room. She quickly changed and went down to the common room again. Her mind on one thing and one thing only, the kiss.

Why had he left her there? Not saying a word, did he regret kissing her? Was it so terrible that he decided to just ignore her? Maybe it was a bad idea after all. It was probably just some sort of joke, she felt really silly inside to have believed that it could mean more. Just forget it.

"There you are! Come on, you can go against me next match if you want to join the tournament" Hermoine said gladly. She was sitting on a couch, in a group of sofas and armchairs, with the rest of their friends who played wizards chess.

They ended up spending an hour in the common room having a chess tournament. The twins got disqualified after trying to cheat and since Ron wasn't there Ginny ended up winning. After her very over-done-thank-you-speech, to which everyone booed, Ron and Harry rushed in looking rosy on their cheeks from running and they panted.

"Guys Hagrid won all sorts of cool stuff from Hog's head, we need to try them out!" Ron said, beaming and putting down a bag on the coffee table in front of everyone. They leaned in and looked down in the bag, nothing of the things were recognizable but started to pick them out. 

Leia avoided the area of Harry's sight, if they were to reckon what had happened she felt that he should be the one to make the first move. The eagerness of all the cool inventions seamed to take all his attention right now.

As did it for everyone else, Neville grabbed a small, flat, round thing, it looked almost like a smaller plate and it had a little place to place a finger on the side of it, "Cool, what's this thing?" he asked.

"Oh, Neville that's something really interesting, you can view things from people's minds in it, like memories." Harry beamed.

"No way!" Ginny let out.

Harry explained, "It works with legilimency. Hagrid chose that one specially to give to me, If press my finger on it and shoot a special spell at someone, it can show the others in the room what I am seeing in the person's mind. Of course, it is just a toy so it doesn't work on concealed memories, stuff you hide or burry deep inside" 

"We need to try these things out" George said while eyeing closely to a pipe of some sort.

Leia was relieved. They were hung over and she didn't feel like moving much. And with the kiss on her mind, it was a good distraction, even though the kisser would be involved.

The group were now moving, switching places and making room for two more people. Harry walked over to her in the chatter and looked at the object which she was holding, butterflies shot in her stomach even though these particular ones were rather angry at him.

"That one's also very cool, it's like a lie detector" he said grabbing it with both hands around her own. Her thoughts wondered in her head, his hands were so attractive. He lifted their arms up in the air and glared at the ball in the sunlight above their heads. "You see the different colors hiding inside, that's what-" he stopped himself.

He had noticed that she was looking at him instead of the ball. The noise around them was deafening as everyone chatted and moved around chairs. A warm smile appeared on his lips and he lowered their arms and let hers fall on her chest still holding the ball. "I can explain later when the others are listening as well" he said still looking into her eyes and she smiled back.

"Sure" she grew a little warm in her face and decided to take a seat before he would notice, she needed to get a grip of herself. It was Harry. Harry who made her blush when standing close or touching her. She was being silly. The kiss was nothing.