Chapter 25

It sucks. I'm sorry.
_______________
•ALPHA•
Waking up the next morning was hard. All I wanted to do was lay in bed and not get up for the entire day, but sadly I knew that I couldn't.

So when I woke up at around 11am the following day, I forced myself to get out of bed and go to the bathroom to shower. It took me a lot longer than usual because of how slow I was moving. I had zero motivation to do anything, and I knew I wasn't the only one feeling it.

I knew that everyone was effected by what that woman said about Ripper. But the thing is, I didn't know how badly Ripper was effected by it. I knew that he was, but since he never really had talked to me about anything I hadn't have even known how bad he was abused.

I sighed as I got out of the shower. Lazily I dried off and got dressed before making my way out of the bathroom. Scarlett was just waking up by the time I walked back into the room.

I laid down on the bed beside her on my stomach and sighed as she started to rub my back.

"How're you feeling?"

"Angry," I mumbled. "Sad. Guilty. Basically what I was feeling when I found out about what Bethany had done to Lilly."

"What are you going to do?" She asked. I hesitated.

"I want to kill her. I want to torture her until she's begging for mercy. I want to make her feel every ounce of pain that she caused Ripper to feel. I want her to scream for help and to feel the sinking fear that no one will answer her. I want her to pay for what she's done. And if that changes your mind about being with me I understand," I sighed as I looked away from her.

Her hand had only briefly paused its movements on my back before she was scooting closer to me.

"I know that you have killed and tortured many people Bryan. I knew that coming into this place. Ricky had told me a lot about y'all awhile before so I knew what I was getting myself into before I even called him for help. You doing what you have to do to get justice for one of your members is not going to turn me away. I promise."

During her little speech, she had rolled closer to me, to where half of her body was on top of mine. I could hear the sincerity in her voice as she spoke and I started to feel all of my emotions well up inside of me. This woman has stuck by me since she basically met me, and even though I literally just told her that I wanted to torture and kill someone she was going to still be here tomorrow morning, and the next, and so on.

What did I ever do to deserve such an amazing woman like this one?

Turning so I was able to kiss her, I spoke my thoughts out loud.

"What did I ever do to deserve you?"

She smiled. "Fate saw that you were a good man. And that you were incredibly lonely, so she decided to pull a couple strings and make it to where I was destined to meet you. From the moment I laid eyes on you I was smitten, and I know you felt the same way. I would like to believe that no matter what, it was destiny for us to meet. That I was meant to come to the club and see you. Granted the circumstances could've been better but oh well," she chuckled. I laughed quietly as well and pulled her closer to me to where her whole body was on top of mine.

"From the moment I laid eyes on you I was able to see a future with you. Of course I was worried about your brother kicking my ass knowing what you went through, but it was worth it to me. I knew that as soon as I saw you, that you were going to be mine. And Scarlett, I love you so much sometimes I can't even express it, but just know that I will cherish you for as long as you will let me and I will always stay by your side no matter what happens in the future." By the time I was finished talking, I was softly rubbing my thumbs under her eyes to catch the tears that were slowly falling.