Chapter 17

• ALPHA •

I grinned at the sound of his body hitting the floor, but I didn't have time to bask in the sounds of his cries before two more men came plunging through the door. Two more bullets and they were on the ground as well, unable to move very far and crying out in pain for mercy.

The door to my office opened further and some of my guys burst in, their guns already drawn.

They took one look at the men on the floor before turning and finding me.

By this time I had already put my gun down and was making my way across the floor slowly, my eyes on the first man that had came through the door.

He was gritting his teeth, his hands clasped tightly to his hip from where the bullet pierced his skin.

The closer I got to him the angrier and angrier I felt until all I could feel was rage. For weeks this man has been the center of attention for my club, stressing everyone out and causing more problems then need be. Not only that but he chose to get people in on his little plan and make everything much more difficult.

He was the source of Scarlett's nightmares.

I crouched down beside him and took pleasure in the glare that he sent my way.

"You should've stayed away," I smirked. "Being reckless will never get you anywhere." I stood back up and looked at the man standing in the doorway. "Take them and put them in cells. Put as many guards as possible on them too," I ordered.

Several men nodded and started to drag them out.

Ripper came through the doorway and stood by me.

"The two people who were guarding have head injuries but it's nothing major. They're with Doc right now, and they'll make a full recovery."

I nodded and moved to put my gun back where it was under my desk.

"Who was guarding?" I asked as I turned back around.

"It was Butcher and Joker. They both have head injuries, possible concussions. Butcher was stabbed in the leg but it looks like it was only a flesh wound. Joker didn't sustain any other injury besides his head so Doc said that he should be up and about in no time, especially if he doesn't have a concussion."

As he was talking, I was walking out of the room and down the stairs as Ripper followed me. The gun shots no doubt woke people up, and I needed to make sure that no one was left in the dark.

The first person who greeted me when I got into the main area downstairs was Lilly, followed closely by Scarlett.

"What happened?" They asked practically in sync.

"Adam and his friends showed up," I started. Their eyes widened in horror. "They must've known where my office was because when I heard them they didn't even stop anywhere else, they just went straight to me. Joker and Butcher were injured at the gate while guarding so I'm going to the medical bay to check on them," I explained as quickly as I could.

"We're coming with you," Scarlett stated, Lilly nodding along with her.

I didn't argue and instead let them follow me to the medical bay where some of the guys already were.

"Have you guys heard anything yet?" I asked as soon as I came to a stop by Spider, Ace, and Smiles.

Spider shook his head. "Nah Doc kicked us out so he could focus. Said we were too loud," he chuckled.

I shook my head with a smile.

"He's not wrong," Scarlett shrugged, laughing as Spider flipped her off.