Chapter 6

Alpha's POV
After Spider gave her the news, it was difficult to clearly gauge Scarlett's reaction.

All of the other girls in the room sat with their mouths open, in shock of what Spider had said. I was afraid to make eye contact with Lilly, knowing that she knew damn well what it felt like to be betrayed by at least one of your parents. I wasn't sure how this news would sit with her knowing that we would have to deal with taking down someone's parents again.

"Please tell me you're kidding," Scarlett whimpered. Her voice was a lot more fragile than I had heard it before. She sounded as if she was going to break down at any given moment. However when looking at her, the look in her eyes wasn't surprise. Just betrayal and pain.

When Spider looked at his sister, I could see a similar pain reflecting in his own eyes. "I wish I was Scar."

Scarlett looked all around the room and I could see she was about to lose her composure. She was blinking more rapidly and her breathing was starting to pick up.

Before anyone could respond fully, Lilly was up out of her seat and in front of Scarlett.

"Scarlett, look at me," her demand was soft and gentle, but stern. Scarlett's eyes shot to her and I could see them well up with tears. "We will get this taken care of, I promise. You're safe here and you have nothing to worry about. If I didn't trust these people to help you I would've told you girls to leave already. Everyone in the club has barely even met you and they're already willing to go on a man hunt for you. I know it's hard, trust me I know, but you have to stay strong okay?" Lilly told her. Despite everything that she had been through she was still willing to help others when they needed it.

Scarlett nodded and moved her hands to grip Lilly's, seeking comfort. It took awhile in order for Scarlett to calm down completely, but when she did she pulled Lilly in for a hug.

"Thank you," she whispered. Lilly rubbed her back and gave her a small smile before moving away. Scarlett turned to face us again. "Why would they bail them out? More specifically why would they bail out my ex boyfriend?" She asked. I could see that she was a bit desperate for answers.

"We don't know," Ripper answered. Scarlett's expression dropped.

"We asked all of our contacts to look into it for us, especially after we explained why," Spider said to try and comfort her. Although, it didn't seem like it worked very well.

While we were at the station, after we had received news that their parents were the ones who bailed out the men, Spider explained everything to us. He told us about how their parents kicked them out when Scarlett was 15 and he was 18. They were homeless for about a week before one of their friends parents took them in and gave them a place to stay. The people that took them in actually ended up adopting the two of them even though Spider was already 18.

"Are they still living in Minneapolis?" Scarlett's voice sounded a lot more stable than what it did before.

Spider nodded. "They were seen actively shopping in Minneapolis just earlier today. That was another thing that we made sure of when we found out it was them."

"Are those men that they bailed out going there too? Is there any way to track their movements and see where they're going?" Scarlett asked.

"Hacker is working on trying to figure that out," I told her. The sight of her containing her tears stirred something up inside of me that I didn't like.

What was happening to me?
________________________
"Want something to drink boss?" Smiles asked as I walked past the bar. I shook my head.

"No, I'm going out for a ride. I'll probably be gone for awhile but if you need me then call," I told him. I didn't wait for anyone to respond before I walked out and got on my bike.