Chapter 12

Again, like I said last chapter I'm not sure if I'll be able to update next week.
______________
Scarlett's POV
"A ride?" I asked in shock.

Bryan nodded, smiling.

"Why?"

"I dunno I just want to go for a ride. And I could use the company so I don't do anything stupid," he winked.

Why did that make my stomach flutter like that?

I smiled and nodded. "Okay, let's go."

After changing into jeans, a t-shirt and a jacket, I met Bryan outside where he was waiting next to his bike.

"How good of a driver are you?" I asked wearily, eyeing the contraption next to him.

"It's fine darling, don't worry. I won't let anything happen to you," he promised. I could see the amusement in his eyes and I huffed.

"Alright." I walked over to him and his bike and bit my lip.

I was going to look like an idiot trying to get on and off of this huge- woah!

I gasped as I was lifted in the air before being set down on the bike like I weighed nothing. When my mind was able to catch up with what just happened, I looked up to see Bryan laughing at me. He handed me one of the helmets he had before putting on his own.

Without saying a word he got on in front of me.

"Better hold on Scarlett!" He chuckled.

I rolled my eyes and wrapped my arms around his waist tightly, only slightly concerned about suffocating him.

He started up the bike and I almost jumped at the sudden loud noise and the feeling of the bike vibrating my whole body.

However, as soon as we were on the road my body seemed to calm down and almost melt into Bryan.

There was something about being on the back of the bike that was extremely calming. I don't know if it was the feeling of the wind rushing by me, the blurred trees that we sped by, or just the fact that I knew that I was safe with Bryan.

I closed my eyes and just enjoyed the feeling of serenity that passed through my body.

I opened my eyes and looked around when I felt the road change from asphalt to dirt suddenly. Confused, I kept my eyes peeled for any signs as to where Bryan was taking me.

After a few minutes the path that we're were on cleared and in front of us was a small cliff.

Bryan parked the bike and got off before helping me off as well.

"This place is beautiful," I said in awe. Cautiously I walked to the edge of the cliff and saw a huge river below. I heard Bryan come and stand beside me but I was too engrossed in the view to really take notice.

"My father used to bring me here all the time," he spoke quietly. I turned my attention away from the river and looked at him. His eyes were staring at the water below, but it seemed as if he wasn't entirely focused on it. As if he were reliving the memories.

"He took me here whenever he wanted to take a break from the club, or whenever I got in trouble. Which was a lot," he chuckled. "We used to bring chairs and watch the sunset together. My mom died when I was young so I never really got to have an truly emotional bond with her, but my dad made up for that. He always let me know that I was loved, and to love the people around me who were in the club."