Chapter 1

I do have pretty big plans for this book so be prepared for it to be longer than Ripper's story.
________________
Alpha's POV
I smiled as Lilly walked back into the bar with a bright smile on her face, her hand clasped tightly in Ripper's.

"Dad! Look!" She squealed as she ran to me. She held out her hand and showed me the promise ring that I helped Ripper pick out about a week ago.

I smiled down at her. "It's beautiful darling, happy birthday," I told her as I pulled her in for a hug. I was careful to not hurt her considering she was still healing.

"Thank you." She smiled and went to go hang out with everyone else for the rest of the day. I stayed at the bar and continued to drink slowly.

The burn of the whiskey going down my throat didn't do much to take away the heartache that hasn't seemed to leave me for years. I lost a piece of myself when I lost love and even though everything has gotten better since Lilly came, the empty feeling in my chest was still there.

I was almost 44 years old and had tried again and again to accept the fact that I most likely wouldn't be able to find love again.

"Dad! Come and dance with us please!" Lilly called from across the room. Her and the girls had been able to convince a few of the guys to join in on their dancing party.

"I don't dance sweetheart," I called back. I watched with amusement as Jaden, one of the prospects, looked utterly uncomfortable as the ladies yanked him in different directions.

Lilly pouted. "Pretty please? It's my birthday!"

"Yeah Alpha dance with your daughter!" Miranda called while laughing.

I shook my head with a smile and stood up, abandoning my drink as I walked over to where they were.

Lilly grasped my hands and guided me into a slower, and more controlled dance than what the heathens behind us were doing. Lilly looked up at me with a bright smile on her face, and I couldn't help but smile back at her even if the heartache was still there.

"Thank you," she spoke quietly.

"For what?"

She smiled. "For being an amazing dad. Without you I don't know where I would be right now. So thank you for loving me. I hope you find someone to love you that I can call mom," her voice trailed off and I was at a loss for words.

"Are you sure you're ready to call someone mom so soon?" I asked. After all, her real mom was killed by us only a few weeks ago.

She nodded with a smile. "Bethany was never my true mom. Sure she gave birth to me, but just because someone gives birth to you doesn't make them a true mom. Sometimes the people you're closer with are the ones who are your true family. As long as whoever you find is good to you, I will be willing to call her my mother," she finished.

She gave me another small smile and hugged me tightly, returning to the girls silently. It took me a moment to be able to move my feet but I managed to make my way back over to the bar where my drink was sitting.

"How're you holding up boss?" Spider asked.

I shook my head and chuckled.

"I thought the heartache would go away once I realized that Lilly was my daughter, and that she was in my life like she was supposed to be. But it hasn't gone away. I have a daughter, I have all of you, but I want someone I can have as a lover. Who will love me for all of my flaws, and who will treat Lilly like she's their own," I sighed. "I didn't mean to be so gloomy on her birthday, but I just can't help it."

Spider nodded. "I know what you mean. Before I met Miranda I was the same way, minus the daughter. I saw everyone around me falling in love, getting married, having kids, it made me want that for myself. So I understand where you're coming from, but don't let it consume you. That could cause a lot more problems than you realize if you let it get to you so bad." He got up and walked away, leaving me to my thoughts.

I turned my head again and smiled as I watched Lilly force Ripper to dance with her. Those two were complete opposites, and yet they found love with each other.

I downed the rest of my whiskey and snuck outside without anyone seeing. Making my way to the shed, I reminded myself to not go too far. I opened the door and stepped inside, shutting it behind me. My eyes took a moment to adjust to the dim lighting and once they did I started to make my way to one of the cells.

"Alpha," Joey and Luke nodded at me with respect. They were the two prospects in charge of guarding the cell until later tonight.

I nodded back and unlocked the cell door, stepping inside.

The smell of urine was strong and I immediately spotted the woman lying in the corner, curled up in a ball. She refused to give any of us answers since the incident, and it was starting to take its toll on me.

"Fancy seeing your here Bryan," she rasped.

"But the bullshit Raine," I ordered. "This could all be over if you would just say why you did it. Why would you betray the club? You went behind your husbands back too, why?" I asked. My tone was harsh and in the dim lighting I barely saw her slight flinch.

"I refuse to speak unless it's to my husband." There it was. The same exact response every time we came down here. She refused to speak to anyone besides Joker, but he understandably didn't want anything to do with her.

"He refuses to speak with you. And if you don't speak you will have a slow and painful death instead of a quick one," I reminded her. The threat was always the same too. But no matter what myself or anyone said, she refused to give answers.

"Damnit!" I screamed. I slammed my hand against the wall and smirked at the way she flinched back away from me. "You betrayed the club! I demand answers from you bitch!"

My breathing was starting to pick up, and I knew that I needed to stop before I completely lost control.

"Get Joker or Lilly and-"

"You don't get to fucking see my daughter," I seethed. "Not after what you willingly put her through."

She was silent afterwards and I took that as my cue to leave. Passing by the guards, I tried to not show how truly angry I was, and instead opted for taking long and slow breaths before I walked out of the shed.

The bright light of outside burned my eyes, but I welcomed it. It cut through the haze that my mind was in and allowed me to focus more on what was around me again.

I walked back through the door and smiled at those who talked to me. As I talked I made my way upstairs to my room as quick as possible. My mind was in no state to hold a conversation with someone at this point.

When I finally made it to my room, I collapsed onto the bed. Blinking away the tears, I closed my eyes and fell into a restless sleep.