Chapter 16

•ALPHA•
I woke up the following morning to someone banging on the door loudly. Scarlett, who had been sleeping right next to me, rolled over and glared at the door before turning her glare to me.

"Shut them up before I shoot them," was all she said before rolling back over.

I chuckled and rolled out of bed lazily and made my way to the door. The whole time I was walking the person on the other side wouldn't stop banging on the door.

I threw the door open to come face to face with Butcher.

"What-"

"Raine is going crazy in the cell. You need to get down there now. I called Ripper and he's down there with Jason right now."

Fuck.

"Give me a minute to get dressed and I'll be right there," I told him before shutting the door and fast-walking to my closet.

"What's going on?" Scarlett muttered sleepily. She had turned back over and was staring over at me with sleepy eyes.

I pulled on a pair of pants and grabbed a random t-shirt. "Problem in the cells. I don't know what's going on or how long it'll take me, but don't worry, I'm sure it's nothing I can't handle," I reassured her.

She sat up and motioned for me to go over to her. Once I was standing right in front of her she grabbed my hand and pulled me down so she could give me a quick kiss.

"I know you said not to worry but just be careful please?"

I smiled and kissed her again. "I promise."

On my way down and out the door I didn't bother to speak to anyone, but I could see the confusion on their faces. Especially Lilly.

Awhile ago, Lilly asked me why we hadn't just killed Raine. And while I wasn't opposed to the idea of it, I had to keep Joker in mind.

He had been married to Raine for years, they were childhood best friends and high school sweethearts. When we found out that Raine betrayed the club he came up to me personally and said that he knew she would be executed eventually, but he wanted to know what possessed her to do it. And since everyone else wanted to know why she did it too, we kept her alive.

But ever since she told us that she did it for the money, she had been silent. Everyone who had been guarding her told me that she was quiet, that she was calm, and that she didn't even really react when they put food and water in there for her.

It was confusing because we were all in the dark so far as to what had changed.

As soon I stepped inside of our holding facility I could see Ripper, Jason and Butcher all staring through the one-sided mirror with tense forms.

As soon as they heard me coming closer to them they turned and seemed to sigh in relief. And once I got to where I could see inside of the cell, I could understand why.

Raine was hysterical.

Since the room was soundproof I couldn't hear what she was saying, but I could tell that she was screaming. Loudly.

On top of that it looked like she had been clawing at herself. All down her arms, legs, and face there were dark red scratches most likely made from her nails. If there had been anything in there for her to throw I'm sure she would have made a mess of that too by now.

"How long has she been like this?" I asked. I turned my gaze to Jason.

"When I switched with Rider he said that she had been acting up but she wasn't this bad until around an hour ago. She started scratching herself then but then about a half hour ago she started the screaming. I turned on the mic to try and listen to what she was saying but it's all scattered and you can't understand her."