Chapter 5

Scarlett's POV
"So what's wrong with your President?" Kali asked as we sat around the bar. Smiles and Key were behind it working. I looked around at everyone's faces, curious as well. Ever since we got here I could tell that somehow he was hurting, and he was hurting for a reason.

Ricky sighed, but didn't seem surprised by the question.

"His former old lady was Lilly's mother. Before Lilly was born she would've had an older sister, named Adeline but," he paused. "Adeline died from cancer when she was several years old. After that, neither of them were the same. Alpha took on double the work load and Bethany turned to drinking. Bethany left over eighteen years ago, and what we didn't know at the time was that she was pregnant with Lilly," Spider explained as he nodded at Lilly.

"I didn't know who my father was," Lilly mumbled, barely loud enough for us all to hear her. "Bethany wasn't always cruel. But I guess when I got to the age that Adeline died something in her snapped. I guess she didn't like the fact that I got to live longer than Adeline, and for some reason she blamed me. She became super abusive," Lilly gave us a sad smile. "I ran away, and by some miracle I ended up in here running away from the snow. My dad took me in without even knowing me at first because he could see that I needed help. We found out that he was my father when we realized who my mother had been to him. We even took a DNA test to make sure. Everything was going fine until she showed up here looking for me, then shit really hit the fan," she explained.

Kali and I glanced at each other. "Is that what you're healing from?" I asked. I could still see marks on her body that were still healing into nasty scars, hinting that she was cut deeply into.

Lilly smiled sadly. The pain in her eyes was different then the one in her fathers, but I could see that they both were suffering from this in their own ways. "She got one of Dad's rivals involved. He was able to get someone to betray the club and take me. I was tortured, that's why I'm healing," she told us quietly. We could see the pain in her eyes when talking about it and knew then to not question it further.

"He kinda spiraled after that. He blames himself even when we tell him not to, on top of the fact that he still isn't over not only someone betraying his club, but the fact that someone he used to love betrayed him too," Smiles said quietly. "Everyday I hand him at least five full glasses of whiskey. It's as if he's trying to forget but is just causing a hole in his heart by doing so."

"Has he talked to any of you about it?" Kali asked hesitantly.

Everyone shook their heads. They all were frowning.

"The only reason that we know is because he's like an open book when he chooses to show emotion. It's probably because he's built up those emotions for so long to where they just come pouring out whenever he has a moment of vulnerability," Miranda explained.

"Having a moment of vulnerability doesn't mean you're weak. It means that you've been dealt too much that you can handle at once," I whispered loud enough for them to hear me.

I cleared my throat after a moment of silence. "I'm going to go to bed," I said as I stood up from the bar.

Kali stood up too and hugged me. "If you need me just scream," she whispered in my ear. I chucked.

"Sure thing."

Laying in bed later that night, I couldn't stop thinking about what Lilly had said.

Knowing that she had been tortured made me see her in a whole new way. After knowing that information, she was the strongest girl I had ever met before. To have her mother help someone torture her had to have taken a big hit on her mentality, it was no wonder why Alpha is reacting the way he was.