Chapter 4

Alpha's POV
I downed another glass of whiskey and practically slammed it down onto the bar. Hearing about what that bastard did to Scarlett made my mood even worse, causing me to drink more than I normally would.

"I'm cutting you off boss. You need to start being sober," Smiles told me hesitantly, yet firmly. Sighing, I nodded. He was right.

"Sorry man, I'm just stressed. I know shit is going to hit the fan and after going through what we did not that long ago, I'm not exactly excited for this," I explained.

He nodded. "I get what you mean. But if you really think about it, this should be nothing compared to what Diablo put us through huh?" He asked while laughing.

I chuckled. "I guess not."

The door to downstairs opened and the girls came walking back into the main area, smiles on all of their faces.

"Y'all seem to be in a good mood," Smiles pointed out as he handed Lilly a lemonade without her even having to ask for it. "You ladies want anything too?" He asked.

Kali, Scarlett, and Jessie shook their heads but Miranda smirked.

"Hand me a beer pretty boy," she winked. Smiles rolled his eyes but got out a beer.

"Aren't you supposed to stop drinking as much as you get older?" He smirked.

Miranda gasped. "I'll have you know that I am not old! And Alpha is older than I am but he's drinking around the clock! So ha!"

I rolled my eyes and stood up from my stool. "Yeah well, Smiles cut me off for the night anyways. So I'm done until tomorrow." Miranda rolled her eyes but didn't say anything back.

I went to go walk upstairs when I was stopped, surprisingly, by Scarlett.

"Can you stay in here please? You don't have to but it's easier being around people I've already met," she whispered, clearly not wanting anyone else to hear her. Her cheeks were pink, letting me know that she was embarrassed to ask. I nodded and sat back down.

"Let's go!" Jessie squealed. She, Miranda, and Lilly dragged the two girls to meet everyone in the club. I made sure to stay at the bar and glance over from time to time, keeping Scarlett's request in mind.

"You seem to be pretty interested in my sister Alpha. What gives?" Spider asked as he sat down on the stool beside me.

I chuckled and shook my head. "I ain't interested in your sister Spider, get off your high horse. She just asked me to stay down here because she felt comfortable knowing that the people she's already met are down here too," I explained. He nodded slowly, not looking quite convinced.

"Just don't fuck to where I can hear it."

I laughed.

"For heaven's sake I've barely even gotten laid since Bethany left," I said while shaking my head.

Key, who had joined us at this point, laughed loudly.

"How have you not gone insane man?" He asked through his laughter.

I shook my head while smiling. "Heartache will do that to you," my smile diminished slightly.

"Aye man," Key smacked me on the back. "We're always here if you need to talk."

"Yeah but we won't take care of your sexual needs," Spider shuddered. "No offense, but I don't swing that way."

"Aw you don't want to fuck him?" Key asked jokingly. Spider glared.

Smiles chimed in. "With the size difference, I say Alpha wouldn't be the one to take it."

The guys broke out into another fit of laughter.