Chapter 10

Alpha's POV
"Dad! I got Jason to come out and help us train Nox and Leo!" Lilly called as she came outside, practically dragging Jason along the way.

I chuckled. "I see that sweetheart."

Jason smiled and shook his head at me as Lilly continued to pull him, excited to have her first training session with the dogs.

"You're staying and helping right dad?"

I nodded and sat down on the grass. "Of course sweetheart, they need to learn to listen to my commands too."

For hours we stayed out there, teaching the puppies basic commands. Jason was a huge help too. With his previous experience of helping train dogs he was able to teach us little tricks to make it easier for the puppies to understand what we wanted them to do.

By the time a few hours had passed, the puppies had mastered commands such as sit, lay down, roll over, shake, stay, come, speak, and spin.

Surprisingly, the puppies were very smart.

"Maybe once they get basic good behavior down we can start training them to be protection dogs." Jason told us.

"Don't protection dogs normally turn out to be more violent then usual? Isn't is usually recommended to not have family if you have a protection dog?" Lilly asked.

Jason shook his head. "That's a misconception. It's the same for an attack dog too. A lot of people assume that since the majority of their training is about attacking a person to protect another they can't have the dog or dogs around a family, but that's not true. I've seen a lot of attack and protection dogs around newborns and toddlers without having an issue. It all depends on how they're trained. A lot of trainers will tell you if they're family friendly or not, and it just depends on how the trainer raises them to be."

"Oh, that makes a lot of sense actually," Lilly shrugged. I was too busy playing with Leo to really pay attention to what they were saying. While my mind was processing the words, I wasn't giving them my full attention.

The toy that we were playing with was just a simple toy rope, but man did Leo love to play tug-of-war with it. He would let out little growls and shake his head side to side to get me to let go. While I could easily take it away from him since he was still small, I entertained him by letting him think that I was struggling.

It was only when Nox came and joined his brother against me that I let go after a minute.

"Get overpowered by puppies Alpha?" Key asked as he watched the little scene.

I rolled my eyes. "No. My hand was just starting to hurt from the rope is all."

"Sure, I'll let you believe that," he chuckled.

I rolled my eyes but sat down next to him on a little bench that we had outside. My mind flashed back to what Smiles said about him and suddenly I was conflicted.

Do I ask about it? Do I say Smiles' name or do I just ask if he's seeing anyone in the club right now? Is it really any of my business anyways?

After having an internal battle with myself, I concluded that I wouldn't butt in and would let their situation play out by itself.

"You know, I've been thinking," Key stated. He sat up straighter and looked at me before looking away. "We could always go to Scarlett's parents house and take care of them quickly. It would be done and over with, and if we were careful there wouldn't be any evidence that we were ever over there."

I shook my head. "There's a lot of issues with that. First one is that if we went over there and took care of them then after awhile someone would go looking for them and see either their bodies, or see that their missing and then the police would be all over the place. The first people that they would talk to is Spider and Scarlett and we don't need a bunch of cops snooping around here because then they would find something that they shouldn't have. The next one is that something could always go wrong and we would be caught anyways. I'm not underestimating these people because I'm sure they have connections. This situation has gone from only dealing with an abusive ex to something bigger, and I want to take every caution necessary. Hacker is trying to get it to where we know what they're doing, so we'll be able to figure out their next move," I told him. I left out the detail about what Hacker and I saw on the camera.