Chapter 14

Sorry for the no update last week, I got super busy and fell behind. I start school again the first (tomorrow) so I might have to change my schedule to updating every other Tuesday because I will be busy, but I promise I'll try to update as soon as I'm able to.

Also please remember that I don't edit, so if there's any mistakes point them out for me and once I finish the book I'll go back and correct it. Thank you.
________________
Alpha's POV
Punch. Kick. Punch. Punch.

Sweat rolled down my face and body as I repeatedly landed harsh blows on the punching bag in front of me.

It was helping me to get rid of some of the pent up tension in my body.

Punch. Punch. Kick.

Why couldn't we just have a normal year? Why now are all of these people coming after us? Nothing made sense about it.

Kick. Punch.

Fuck and I would do anything to keep Lilly safe. I wasn't able to for basically her whole life and I will never be able to forgive myself for that. And I know Ripper would sacrifice his own life as well to protect her but when his mother is in the mix he needs to be protected as well.

His mental state is going to crash as soon as he sees her.

Punch. Kick. Kick. 

Fuck. And then there was Scarlett.

Punch.

I was not going to lose her after just getting her. She's not even officially my woman and yet I'm so attached to her.

Punch.

I took a deep breath and stepped away from the punching bag. My arms were tired, sore, and going numb. A sign that I needed to stop before I hurt myself.

I panted as I walked over to the bench to grab my bottle of water.

People love to play mind games, but I'm done being a pawn.
_____________________
"Hey, you alright?" I turned my head to the side from where I was laying and saw Scarlett walking towards me.

I was still in the little gym that the club had, but I was laying on a bench staring at the ceiling. My body felt too exhausted to really do anything.

I smiled and sat up. She sat down next to me in the now open space and leaned against me.

"Are you alright?" She asked again.

I put an arm around her and kissed the top of her head. "I'm just stressed is all. After this I want to take a vacation to my bedroom and never leave," I joked.

She laughed and shook her head at me.

"You know that would never happen."

"If I stepped down than it wouldn't matter."

She snapped her head up and looked at me. I could see the shock in her eyes.

"You're thinking about stepping down?" She asked.

I nodded slowly. "After all of this is done yeah. I've thought about it on multiple occasions."

"Who would take your spot?"

"Ripper probably. He knows the ins and the outs of the club and he's one of my most trusted members. Plus he's basically my son-in-law. It's only fitting that he'd be the one to take over."

She sat in silence for a minute or two before looking up at me. "I say do whatever would make you happy."

I grinned.