Chapter 17

Kakashi’s pov.

          Yuki was a jinchuuriki? I couldn’t believe it but I had to be strong and there for her. She was scared about it and I wasn’t going to desert her in her time of need. When I get up the next morning I go check on Yuki who was still asleep. I walk down to the kitchen and pull out a cook book and start flipping throw it to find something easy to make for Yuki to cheer her up. It didn’t take me long to burn what I was cooking and give up. I had some time before Yuki would get up so I go to the store only to run into Asuma and Kurenai. “What are you doing up so early? Shouldn’t you be training with Yuki?” Asuma asks. I smile a little and give a small nod. “Why don’t Asuma and I help Yuki out today so that you can rest? You don’t look like you slept well.” Kurenai says. Asuma frowns a little bet gives me a smile after getting a pointed look from Kurenai.

          I get what I need and they follow me home. When I get home I could hear what I thought was Yuki walking around until there was a scream. I drop what I was holding and run up to Yuki’s room. Asuma and Kurenai right behind me. Yuki was on her bed and there was a rouge ninja standing over her. How had he gotten in my house? I leap at him and get him away from Yuki before Kurenai runs over to her and picking her up. Asuma helps me disarm the ninja and he was out cold. “Yuki are you ok?” I ask. I turn to look at her as she closes her eyes which where that dark green with brown in them. “I’m fine. My eyes hurt again.” She says. I give a small nod and look around again.

          “I’ll call the Anbu and have them get this nin out of here. Kakashi I think it would be a good idea to have Kurenai take Yuki to her house until we figure out how he got in here.” Asuma says. Yuki struggles a little against Kurenai and I rush over placing a hand gently on her head. “Stop struggling Yuki. You’re going to go with Kurenai-sensei and she is going to go over some things with you. Maybe someone on her team will train with you.” I say. She looks up at me her eyes were back to normal but she closed them again before giving a small nod. Kurenai leaves and I hear them talking about getting something to eat. Asuma and I look around my house until I see the broken window several rooms from Yuki’s.

          I make a report to the Hokage and he wasn’t too happy to hear about what happened. “Do you want to hear his interrogation? I’m sure you want to know just like the others why he was here to take poor Yuki away.” The Hokage says. I nod a little as I place a hand on my head. Should I tell him about what Yuki said? “Lord Hokage I think Yuki and I might have something we need to talk to you about. I don’t want to tell you if she isn’t comfortable telling others yet. But when we are ready to tell you will you listen?” I ask. The Hokage nods but he had a frown on his face. I leave and head to where I know Kurenai had taken Yuki. When I find them Yuki is talking with Kurenai as Kiba yells about how unfair it was that he couldn’t use his dog to fight Yuki.

          I walk over and once Yuki sees me she gives me a closed eyed smile. “How are they doing Kurenai?” I ask. Kurenai looks at me then sighs. “Kiba wants to argue and Yuki won’t keep her eyes open unless she is in the shade under the trees. How do you think things are going?” she asks. I let out a little laugh before placing a hand on Yuki’s shoulder. “You eyes still hurting after last night?” I ask as I gently rub circles into her back. Kiba had stopped yelling and looks over at Yuki. “Kurenai-sensei is everything ok with Yuki?” Kiba asks. She shrugs not really knowing what is going on. I sigh and guide Yuki over to the woods the others following. She slowly opens her eyes and looks up at me.

          “That’s better. Kakashi-sensei thank you for worrying about me.” Yuki says. Kiba finally agrees to fight without his dog and they go at it for an hour. “What’s going on Kakashi?” Kurenai asks. I turn to look at her. “Last night Yuki found out she has a kekkei genki. She had a hard time with bright lights after it went away last night. When we got to her room she had it activated and we don’t know what it does.” I say. Kurenai gives me a sympathetic look. Yuki heads off to her team to train and Kurenai leaves with Kiba. I go to my team and we work until Ibiki shows up and I let my team go. I walk with him to where the interrogation is. I listen to what the nin says and was angry about it. He was working for Orochimaru who agreed to help her brother Aku get her back. He was dealt with so that they wouldn’t know about her and I didn’t want to worry Yuki with this. I knew she would ask and if she knew her brother was working with an S-rank criminal to get her she would stop working on catching up and be more worried about how to keep me from getting hurt.