Chapter 39

Kakashi’s pov.

          I was going to go talk with Sasuke and had a mission but then there was Yuki I needed to go see. I was a little worried about her because she hadn’t stayed in her room last night. I had a feeling that she might have gone to another room like Sasuke’s because the hospital scared her. I sigh as I walk into her room to see her asleep but she was tossing and turning in her bed. She looked like she was having some kind of nightmare and I was really worried about her so I walk over and gently smooth out her hair. She relaxes a little but her face was still scrunched up like something bad was happening. I move Yuki over in the bed a little before laying next to her holding her to myself. She relaxes completely and her face like her dream was getting better. I had things to go deal with but I couldn’t leave her alone like this if her nightmares were back.

          ‘I guess I need to make a clone or something to stay here so I can go deal with Sasuke.’ I think before standing up. I was just about to make a clone and leave when the door opens. I look up at Ibiki who had a small frown on his face. “What are you doing here?” I ask as I relax a little. H gives a little sigh before looking at Yuki then myself. “She was asking when you would be back and I came to tell her you were. Guess I don’t need to do that anymore.” He says before shaking his head and turning to leave. He was halfway out the door when there was a blood curling scream from Yuki’s bed and I rush over to her Ibiki doing the same. Yuki relaxes into my hold and looks really scared. “Yuki it’s ok.” I say as I gently rub her arm but she was looking around the room quickly before trying to pull out of my hold. I let her and she makes a wobbly run to the bathroom before we can hear slashing. Ibiki looked a little shocked but didn’t say anything as he watched me.

          “Yuki you ok?” I ask as I walk over to where she was. She opens the door a little before holding her arms up to me. “Help me back into bed?” she asks in a small soft voice. I nod before picking her up and carrying her over to her bed. She looks a little confused as she looked at Ibiki then myself. “You ok kid?” Ibiki asks as he leans over her a little. “Fine I guess.” She mumbles as she looks at her feet. Ibiki sighs before leaving us alone. I look down at Yuki before gently smoothing out her hair. “Tell me the truth are you ok?” I ask before sitting by her. She shakes her head no before laying her head down on the pillow. “My nightmare was about me drowning during my last mission. I guess I need to practice swimming more.” She says before closing her eyes as if she was in pain. “I can’t stay for much longer because I have a mission but I will ask if I can keep Pakkun here for you. He can keep an eye on you for me. Does that sound alright with you sweetheart?” I say. She gives a little nod. It hurt to leave her but I had things to deal with and I hoped my mission wouldn’t take long to do. I was proud of her because she had become a chunin and didn’t even know it yet. Lady Tsunade had told me when I got my mission and she was going to tell Yuki once she was able to leave the hospital. Yuki would have been told sooner if she hadn’t been on different missions with my team or busy with other things.

Yuki’s pov.

          I lied about my nightmare because I didn’t want Kakashi to know how bad it really was. It was true I had drowned in my nightmare but the worst part of it was that I was being held down by someone but I couldn’t see who it was. I shake my head trying to rid myself of the dream I had just had.  I lay back down now really tired and as I was about to fall back asleep I had this pull in the back of my head telling me someone or something was doing it but I was just too tired to fight this feeling. ‘Yuki don’t go to sleep.’ Yuriko screams.

Sasuke’s pov.

          Kakashi-sensei was lecturing me and when he told me to give up revenge all I could think about was that he didn’t know how it felt to lose the person close to him. The moment I said I would kill the person he cared about the most to let him see how it felt a flash of pain and worry goes throw me. I had just threatened to kill the girl I loved without giving it a second thought. Once Kakashi-sensei left me alone I had to think about what he had said before leaving me. “if you think about killing Yuki I will make sure something bad happens to you.” He says.  ‘I would never hurt Yuki.  How could I have said that without really thinking about her? I need to go see her and ask her to go out for that date because I wanted that one thing before I left. I would even settle for having it when I came back but I can’t lose to that mutt.’ I think but don’t make a move from where I was sitting.