Chapter 43

Yuki’s pov.

          We were eating and the girl volunteers to make the tea. At first I was watching out for trouble but then I look over at the girl. ‘Don’t drink the tea. Don’t let the others drink it!’ Yuriko screams in my head. I narrow my eyes at the girl as I watch her now thinking she was going to hurt us in some way. I could feel Jiraiya’s eyes on me as he watched me. I was too late in stopping Naruto from drinking it and I was about to say something to Sakura and Jiraiya but the girl looks at me. She was watching all of us carefully. Her eyes go over all of us until they landed on me and my tea. I hadn’t touched it and looked her dead in the eyes. “Do you not like tea?” she asks. I give her a warm smile before picking the tea up and pretending to drink it. The others fall asleep but I didn’t fall over right away. I was the last one to drink the tea after all. I pretend to fall asleep as well and once I heard her run away from us I opened my eyes and leave a clone in my place.

          ‘What to do?’ I think as I watch what happens. I was a chunin I had to protect those of lower rank but ask Kakashi told me abandoning  your friends makes you lower then scum. I would keep them safe no matter what. ‘Summon my wolves then they can follow us.’ I think but shake my head I didn’t have much time left and it would take a few minutes to have my wolves recognize the three new scents. That’s when I realized that those were clones and my team was fine so I find a good place to hide. Naruto shows up and saves that girl who had giving us a drug to knock us out. Sakura was by him but I wasn’t going to show myself just yet. I watched in amazement as Naruto and Jiraiya took out the two who were going to kill us. Then the last one shows up. He was a earth user but Jiraiya had it right there was no use using such a style in this rocky area.

          It was a little gross to watch this man turn into a woman and I could tell that she was going to attack  them so I summoned my birds in the hope to distract her. As the attack recedes I see a pink/red thing where they had been and knew that Jiraiya had saved them. I was about to send my birds out to help in the fight but the girl disappeared before I got the chance. “Where is Yuki?” Jiraiya asks a little panic leaking into his voice as he looks around and Naruto was done with his little speech. I giggle a little before quietly making my way to them and once I was close enough I jump on Naruto’s back making him flip me and he had a kunai close to my face. I give a little smile as he stands up looking worriedly at me. “I could have killed you! What were you thinking?” Naruto screams at me. I give a small sigh as I sit up and look around where I was. ‘Close your eyes and concentrate on them. I will help you.’ Yuriko says. I do just that blocking Naruto’s yelling and he hits my back a few times but I ignore him.

          “Naruto will you stop that. Yuki come on we need a plan.” Jiraiya says and I can feel his hands under both my arms to pull me up. ‘No!’ Yuriko screams in my head and I roll away from him but keep my concentration. “Yuki?” Jiraiya asks. I give a little huff before tilting my head to the right then left. ‘I think I found them.’ Yuriko says in a smug tone. I knew she was gloating a little and I open my eyes before looking at the others. “Sorry I was trying to see if I could find a scent for my dogs or wolves to follow so we could catch back up with them.” I say then rub the back of my head like dad does. “She looks like Kakashi-sensei right now.” Sakura says. We walk to another area and they start talking with that girl. I didn’t bother remembering her name because didn’t trust her. Turns out she was with Orochimaru to see her cousin which I get but I didn’t approve of it. I couldn’t understand why Naruto was so kind hearted to this girl who had done us wrong but maybe that was the wrong way to think because my father had said that many times.

          I shake my head as I stand there listening but a sinking feeling was starting to form in my stomach. I could feel Jiraiya and Naruto look over at me but I didn’t feel bad about the scowl that was on my face as I looked at this girl. Naruto was begging for punishment first and my scowl deepens. I would not let Naruto be hurt for that girl. Then Sakura was begging to be punished as well. I sigh before looking away from them a little discussed by this whole thing. If Orochimaru could cause problems like this then I wasn’t surprised that Aku would be drawn to that man. I was pulled out of my thoughts as Naruto and Sakura attack Jiraiya for some unknown reason. I roll my eyes before waiting for us to get going. “Yuki go with her when we get to the hide out.” Jiraiya says. I turn to look him dead in the eyes. “As a chunin I can’t do that Gramps. I’m sure you understand where I’m coming from.” I say before giving him a cheeky smile.