Chapter 24

Yuki’s pov.

          I still had my kekkei genkai activated after my fight so when the medical ninja fell over I was shocked. ‘It’s a genjutsu get them out of it quickly.’ Yuriko says and I give a small nod before doing as she asks me. Once they were back up they finish healing me before telling me to stay here where it is safe and leaving me alone. There was no way I was going to stay here to get killed and I knew I might because I could hear the fighting that was going on around here. It wasn’t like the fighting that I had just been doing but the kind that would start a war. ‘I’ll guide you to Kakashi safely but look out for those of the sound and sand.’ Yuriko says. I walk the way she says to and I wasn’t even out of the tunnel yet when I see blond hair and a giant fan. “Hello Yuki I’m here to take you to Gaara.” Temari says before she starts to walk slowly towards me. I take a few steps back not wanting her to attack me for no good reason.

          “Just come with me so I don’t have to hurt you.” She snaps before running up to me and making a grab at my arm. There was no way I would go with her just like that. “Why does he want me?” I ask before her hand even touched me. Temari looks around like she didn’t know herself. “Gaara is interested in you. Just come with me and you aren’t going to get hurt.” Temari says with a sad look on her face. I shake my head knowing there was no way I would go with her willingly and well I could do something to stop her. “I can’t do that.” I say before making my move. I could hear her yelling at me but I didn’t stop moving because if I did then she would get me and I would never see Kakashi or my friends again. I keep running until I run into someone I had hoped I never would see again and he was trying to kill Kakashi.

          “Well here she is. Hello little sister.” Aku says before he grabs me. “Yuki!” Kakashi yells. I kick him as hard as I could in the head and he drops me into Kakashi’s arms. “Yuki stay close to me.” Kakashi says as he gets ready to fight with Aku. Aku huffs then runs away like there was a fire on his tail. “I’ll get you soon Yuki. Orochimaru can’t wait to have you for himself.” Aku yells as he runs.  I shiver a little because my brother scars me a little and the thought that two crazy men want me also doesn’t help. I was pulled from my thoughts by someone attacking me. I stand there and fight with Kakashi until the fight was over. I was ready to fall over and I start to fall over but was caught by someone. “I got you Yuki.” Kakashi says as he picks me up and carries me away.

          I stand by Kakashi at the funeral of the third Hokage. I had spent the last few nights crying and sleeping on the floor of Kakashi’s room. The third Hokage had protected me and given me a home here in this village so I cried because I hadn’t paid him back for it yet. Kakashi pulls me into a half hug and once the funeral was over he takes me home. “Yuki everything will be alright. How about we cook something together and take it to the hospital to make the hurt ninja’s feel better?” Kakashi asks as he rubs my back. “Ok that sounds fine with me.” I say because I really was tired of crying and needed something to get my mind off all the things that have happened lately.

          Kakashi helps me get everything I would need and we work in silence as if he knew I needed to just work this throw and take out all my pain on the food we were making. Once it was done Kakashi gives me a smile and pulls me into the living room. He sits on the couch and pulls me into his lap. I hadn’t realized that the tears were falling and his hand was soon smoothing out my hair as he tries to calm me down. “Kakashi I’m scared.” I say after a few minutes of crying. “Scared of what?” he ask as he wipes tears off my face like I was a little kid. “My brothers, that man who killed the Hokage, of losing you.” I say before hugging him and I didn’t want to let him go because I felt that if I did I would fall apart. “Yuki your brothers aren’t going to hurt you. Orochimaru isn’t going to take you away from me and I don’t think you will ever lose me so please don’t cry anymore. The Hokage wouldn’t want that. He would want us all to be happy and remember all the good things that happened.” Kakashi says.

          I pull away from him then nod my head because he was right and I couldn’t live in fear of something happening because I was a ninja and so was my dad we are bound to get hurt or die at some point in our lives. “I’m going to change then we can go take that to the hospital.” I say as I get off Kakashi’s lap and head to the stairs. Once I was changed I walk down to where Kakashi was waiting for me. He had changed as well and he had a thoughtful look on his face. We walk into the kitchen to pack up the food that we had made. “I heard that you used pressure points to win your fight who thought you that?” He ask as we walk.  “Ibiki-chan did. I got the idea from Neji when I watched him fight with Lee one time.” I say before looking up at him. He gives me a small nod before we pick up the food that was packed up before heading to the hospital. We talked the whole way there and I was feeling more like myself than I had since that day.

Kakashi’s pov.

          It was good to see Yuki smiling again. She looked pale as we walk back to the house and she was starting to sway as we walk so I stop and pick her up. She didn’t fight me and after a few minutes of carrying her she was asleep. When we get to the house I take her up to her room and lay her on her bed. I sit on the floor by her bed and think over the things that had happened in the last few days. I had missed seeing Yuki’s fight and I felt bad about it because I promised her that I would be there. I know it wasn’t fair to her and I had wanted badly to teach her something that would be helpful but then I had to deal with Sasuke who didn’t want Yuki to get hurt at all as they trained. The only reason I sent her back here in the first place was because she had hurt herself but wouldn’t tell me how. Then there was the fight that had happened and we lost the third Hokage.

          Was it fair to the village to lose our leader like that no not at all? I didn’t think it would hurt Yuki that bad but he had saved her life in a way.  There was a noise behind me and I turn a little to see Yuki give a little sob in her sleep which makes my heart break. I sigh a little and wipe the tears from her face and she stops crying before her body relaxes again. Why would Kabuto do this to our village and how would I keep Yuki safe if people like Orochimaru know that Yuki was a Jinchuuriki? So many things for me to worry about and not a lot of time to figure things out. Now that I was home I wanted to keep a close eye on Yuki as well as my team. It was bad enough that I have to worry about Naruto but now my child as well. What would the people of the village do if they find out that Yuki was like Naruto? I shake my head then lean it on the side of Yuki’s bed before falling asleep.

          I wake in the middle of the night and look around my room but it wasn’t my room I was in because I recognize Yuki’s things that she had left out. I look at the bed only to find it empty which makes me panic a little so I stand and head to the door only for it to open slowly with Yuki on the other side a hand full of blankets in her hands. “Dad you fell asleep in here and you were shivering so I went to get you some blankets.” Yuki says in a sleepy voice. I smile at her before walking over and picking her and the blankets up before carrying her over to her bed. I set her down before lying by her. “Sleep well.”  I mumble before we both fall asleep next to each other.  I get up early the next morning and when I get out of Yuki’s bed I wrap the blankets tightly around her shivering body before walking down to the kitchen to see what is left to make for breakfast. There wasn’t really anything left but a few eggs and some bread so I fix that and when it was almost done Yuki walks down rubbing her eyes before sitting at the table. “Morning.” She says before yawning. I smile at her as I set the food on the table. “Morning Yuki. We need to go to the store today.” I say as I sit down. “ok I will do it if you have other things to do.” She says before putting food on her plate. I smile at her then copy her before we eat in silence.