Chapter 28

Yuki’s pov.

          I was almost done with dinner and realized that I couldn’t set the table and finished what I was doing without help. I left poor Kiba alone with the teachers so I yell for his help. “what do you need Snow?” Kiba asks. I smile at him happy to see him here. “would you mind setting the table for me?” I ask. He nods and I tell him where everything was so he could get them out. The table was set and I put the food on the table before leaning out of the kitchen. “Food is done.” I yell before walking over to Kiba and sitting next to him. Guy, Asuma and Kurenai walk in and sit. “I take it you asked Kiba to stay for dinner?” Kurenai asks. Kiba wouldn’t look up at them but at the food on the table. “I didn’t tell you last night that he was coming over?”I ask before putting food on my plate. Kiba does the same and we were soon all eating. “This is really great Snow. Way better than anything my mom makes when she is home.” Kiba says before smiling at me, Akamaru barking in agreement. I had made a little plate for him before dinner. “Snow?” Asuma asks and Kiba blushes a little before looking away.

          “Well her name means snow so I started calling her that when she was staying at my house.” Kiba says.  I freeze up next to him and all the teachers go wide eyed as they look Kiba up and down. “Kakashi was with Sasuke teaching him and I got hurt and Kiba found me when I got back so he let me stay with him after his mom found out about me being hurt and that Gaara was after me. That was how they found out about Yuriko.” I say which makes them look at me that means it took all the pressure off Kiba. “Why not come stay with me?” Guy asks giving a dramatic pose afterwards. I roll my eyes and shake my head. “I didn’t want to. Anyway how do you all like the food?” I ask. I look over at Kiba who gives me a big smile. “I thought you said you didn’t do very good at cooking?” Kurenai asks. I blush a little before standing up and walking over to where Kakashi and I hide the cook books.

          “I don’t so I kind of used this.” I say before putting the book on the table. Asuma picks it up before looking throw it quickly then handing it to Kurenai. “do you use on when you make sweets?” Guy asks as he looks throw the book. I grab the book form his hands and put it back before sitting back down to eat. “my mother taught me how to make all the sweets I make. That was all she could get me to learn in the way of cooking because I was more interested in becoming a ninja than learning how to be a “lady”.” I say. we all finish eating and Kiba helps me clear it as the teachers’ just sit there talking. Once the plates were clean I pull the cake and chocolates from the fridge and place them in the middle of the table as Kiba puts out clean plates. “Kiba why don’t you cut the cake? You helped m make it after all.” I say before giving his a closed eyes smile. “s…sure thing Snow.” Kiba says and he takes the knife from my hands.

Kiba’s pov.

          Yuki asked me to cut the cake and I was really worried that I might mess up on it but her smile made me feel a little more confident about it.  Kurenai-sensei was watching Yuki and I carefully which makes me wonder why. Did Asuma-sensei tell her about what he heard? It was something that makes me a little nerves but whatever. Once the cake was all cut Yuki put the pieces on plates which the teachers dig into. “Akamaru can have this. It is made with chocolate that is safe for dogs to have.” Yuki says as she pulls out a little plate with a little cake for Akamaru. I smile at her as I take the plate and set it on the floor for him. He barks a thank you and I take my own piece of cake. “This is great Yuki and the chocolates are even better than the last time.” Kurenai-sensei says. I stop eating to look between Kurenai-sensei and Yuki. “You’ve had her chocolates to Kurenai-sensei?” I ask in shock.

          Yuki blushes a little then looks away from me. “we all have. I think Yuki made some for the people who were helping her catch up on her training before the exams started.” Kurenai says. once we were all done eating I help Yuki clean up again before she walks with me to the door. “I’ll walk you home.” Yuki says before giving me a big smile. “be careful and come back quickly Yuki.” Kurenai-sensei says before we leave. we were walking and Yuki’s hand brushes mine so I grab her hand to hold it. She doesn’t pull away from me but blushes a little and looks away. Akamaru yips a little telling me that we were being followed by someone but they weren’t an enemy. I sniff the air and could tell that it was Kurenai-sensei. “thanks for coming over tonight Kiba. I really needed something to get my mind off the way things are.” Yuki says. I blush a little and gently pull on her hand making her walk closer to me. “I don’t mind. Besides my mom is gone on a mission and my sister is working late.” I say. we were half way to my house by now and I wanted to lose my sensei so I could try out my moves.

          “say Yuki would you like to go out on a date with me sometime?” I ask a little blush starting to form on my face. “date? Like what we did before the exam where you pay for dinner and we have fun?” Yuki asks her face now bright red. I take a deep breath before nodding my head yes. “Sure, you know you’re the second boy to ask me out on a date but the first I said yes to.” Yuki says. I let out the breath I was holding but I was happy to hear what she said. “who else asked you out?” I ask. I was a little upset that someone else had asked her out. “Sasuke he flat out told me he liked me after only knowing me for a week. He keeps asking me out but I said no. I was in the hospital after all and I was a little afraid to go out with him.” She says as she looks up at the sky. We were almost to my house and I felt better that she had said no. “well here we are. I guess I will see you around Kiba.” Yuki says as she turns to look at me. “yeah I guess so. Say how about we go out on that date in a few days?” I ask. She blushes again and wouldn’t look me in the eyes. “how about in 6 days?” I ask. She finally looks at me. “6 days and we will meet in the first place I ever met you.” She says before kissing my check and running home. I stand there in a daze because she had kissed me.