Chapter 21

Yuki’s pov.

          I open my eyes slowly and blink a few times. I wasn’t in my bed at home and I couldn’t recall where I was. I knew I wasn’t with Kakashi because he shared a tent with Sasuke and I when we were training. I notice Kiba and a girl who looked kind of like him. “Hana is she going to be ok?” Kiba asks. I sit up and they both look over at me. “Snow how are you feeling?” Kiba asks as he walks over to me. I shake my head a little. “Off I feel off. What happened Kiba?” I ask as I put a hand to my head. Kiba looks at the ground then a sharp laugh sounded throw the room. “Yuriko told us to take care of you.” Tsume says as she walks over to my left hand side. “How? No one but I can talk to her?” I mumble as a sharp pain shots throw my arm. ‘I used my power to help but the damage is bad. We both know that you might never be able to use that jutsu again if I didn’t ask them to help you.’ Yuriko says. I didn’t bother to answer her as I watched Kiba and how he acted around me.

          “Kiba leave now. We need to take off her shirt to take a look at the damage done.” Hana says. Kiba nods and walks out of the room with 5 or 6 dogs following him. I look at Tsume and Hana confused as to what was going on. “Take off your shirt so we can see your arm better.” Tsume says. I blush a little and take off my shirt holding it against my chest as they take a look at my arm. I can hear them gasp when they see my shoulder and back. “What is this?” Hana asks as her cold hands touch my shoulder. I pull away from her and turn a little to look at her. “You’re only going to look at my arm right?” I ask. Hana looks at me and gives me a small smile. “Yes will you tell me what those marks are?” Hana asks.

          I shake my head no and I can feel a hand on my left shoulder. “Yuki I want to know what it is.” Tsume says as she gently squeezes my shoulder. I couldn’t look her in the eye and just sat there letting them look my right arm over and my left hand. “She needs to go to the hospital to have this kind of damage healed quickly. It’s best if we take her there now.” Hana says as I put my shirt back on. Kiba starts to bang on the door and yelling. “Mom can I come back into my room now?” Kiba yells. I blush a little and put my hands to my face. Tsume walks over to the door and pulls it open before hitting Kiba over the head. “Yuki come with us.” Tsume says as she walks past Kiba.

          Hana grabs my arm and pulls me behind her. As I walk past Kiba he shakes his head and sighs before following us. “Hana let her go she can walk on her own.” Kiba says as soon as he was walking next to me. Hana let me go and we follow his mom and sister to the hospital. As soon as we walk in Tsume turns to look at me and pulls me away from Kiba. “Kiba go out and get dinner before heading home and setting the table.” Tsume says. Kiba looks annoyed but nods and leaves. Hana and Tsume are on either side of me now making it impossible for me to run away if I wanted to. Once the doctor sees me he sighs and walks over. “Hello Yuki are you having problems with your kekkei genkai again?” he asks. Tsume shakes her head no and looks annoyed. “She hurt her right arm and left hand in training.” Hana says.

          The doctor looks disappointed but gives a small nod. I let him look at my arm and he works on healing it. When he was done I walk with them back to their house. Kiba opens the door and looks mad. I hope nothing bad happened. Kiba grabs my arm and pulls me over to him away from his mom and sister. “Now that Snow is better after dinner we will go out for a walk.” Kiba says. Tsume nods and we all sit down to eat. “So Yuki tell us about that tattoo you have.” Hana says. I blush a little and look at my food like it’s the most interesting thing in the world. “What tattoo? Snow doesn’t have one.” Kiba yells as he stands up. I pull Kiba down and clear my through. “It’s…..It’s been there for a long time. Since I was 10 and I don’t really like to talk about it.” I say.

          Kiba gently squeezes my shoulder and I felt a little better. When we were done eating it I was ready to go out for a walk with Kiba but Tsume wouldn’t let me go. “Until you explain this thing with Yuriko I’m not letting you leave.” Tsume says. I sigh and sit back down. Kiba gives me a small smile and held out a hand for me. I shake my head a little and look around the room. “The village I live in was poor for a while. I didn’t know that but it was long before I was born. The village made a deal with a goddess to protect them from the wars and any other dangers the village would face. She chose one maiden to hold her mark and act as a vessel to spread her word. The village agreed and offered up the village leader’s daughter. After a while the village began to no longer care to respect the deal made and killed any girl the goddess chose once she started to talk with them to help the village. I was 10 when the girl before me was killed and Yuriko’s mark showed up about an hour before she was killed. It grows every year and I had to hide it from my village. I didn’t know what it meant until Yuriko started to talk to me and that was the day I learned about my kekkei genkai.” I say.