Chapter 22

Yuki’s pov.

          I felt bad about not eating with Kiba but Ibiki and I needed to talk about my new jutsu and if it would be classified as forbidden or not. I was a little afraid to go talk with the Hokage about it because Kakashi didn’t even know about it but Ibiki did. I would worry about that more later when I was talking with the Hokage and not eating lunch with Ibiki-chan. Ibiki takes me to his favorite place and when we sit down to eat he gives me a small smile. “So where is Kakashi?” Ibiki ask after we place our order. I sigh and look out the window that was next to me. “Training his favorite student. I don’t really want to talk about it.” I say before looking over at him. Ibiki nods and we talk a little about what I needed to improve on before the last exam. Ibiki agreed to help me the best he can and if I told anyone that he helped it would ruin his reputation. I laughed at that and once we were done eating we headed to the Hokage’s office.

          Once there I sit across from him as Ibiki and the Hokage talk in low tones as if afraid I would run away without talking about this new jutsu. I wait for them to finish talking and it was a wait of about a half hour before they both look over at me. “Yuki I would like to see this jutsu that you have made.” The Hokage says after a few minutes of silence. I nod and slowly stand up looking around. “We will have to go out to a training ground. I don’t want to break anything in here.” I say before looking at the two men. They both nod before leading me away from the Hokage’s office and out to a training ground I had never been in before. They stop but a big bolder then turn to look at me. “Use it on this rock so we can see what it does.” The Hokage says before giving me a kind smile. I nod then motion for them to move away from the bolder, which they walk away from it giving me a curious look.

          I make the hand signs quickly then feel the chakra quickly build up before my arm is covered in lightning and fire before it was ready to use. “Flaming Chidori.” I scream before slamming my hand into the bolder making it brake in half. I pant a little as I stand there looking at the rock with a little shock. “It never did that before.” I say before giving them a small smile. “Yuki are you ok?”  Ibiki ask as he walks over to me and gently pats my shoulder. “I’m fine. This is just the first time it has worked the way it should.” I say as I shake out my hair. It was standing up a little because of the lightning and I didn’t mind that too much because my jutsu final worked the way I had wanted it to. All those burns and the wind biting into my skin had finally paid off and I had a new jutsu. I look over at the Hokage who hadn’t said a word yet. “Is that all you can do?” he ask in a slow measured tone like he couldn’t believe what he had just seen. I take a deep breath then look at the bolder to Ibiki then to the Hokage. “No but the other one is still a work in progress. I haven’t perfected it yet.” I say.

          The Hokage nods then looks thoughtful like he didn’t know if it should be a bad thing or not. “Don’t use that jutsu unless it is a life and death situation.” The Hokage says. I nod my head then follow the two men back towards the Hokage’s office. “Yuki I have some things I need to do but it was nice to train with you today.” Ibiki says. I nod then walk around the village in the hope of finding something to do or something to find me which it might just have. Akamaru runs up to me and I pick him up quickly before running to a training grounds knowing Kiba would be looking for him. I sit under a tree relaxing a little as Akamaru licks my hand. “Akamaru you can keep a secret right?” I ask as I gently hug him closer to me. He gives a small bark which makes me think he was saying yes and that makes me smile a little. “Akamaru I like a couple of guys but I don’t know who I like more. I don’t even know if one of them likes me and the other one I do know and he isn’t going to give up on me. Maybe I should just have a cute little dog like you to love all my life. What do you think of that Akamaru?” I say as I play with his ears.

          He yaps at me then pulls out of my arms before running away from me making me shake my head and give a small sigh. “Alone again it would seem. I wonder if it was something I said.” I mumble before lying down and looking up at the clouds. I soon feel something lay by me and turn a little to see Mai lying by me. “Hey Yuki, glad to see you out here I wanted to see how things were going.” Mai says. I give her a smile and raise my arms a little feeling my hand brush hers. I feel someone else fall down on the other side of me to see Zaku and he raises his hands like mine to take one of mine and Mai’s in his.  I lay there with them watching the clouds go past until it starts to get dark out. I stand then dust myself off. “I have to go. How about we meet up tomorrow for some training?” I ask as I look down at them. “Sure. How about we meet up tomorrow after lunch here.” Mai says. I nod then walk away leaving them there and heading back to Kiba’s house. Kiba was walking up to his house to so I take a running start before jumping on his back. “Hi Kiba did you miss me?” I ask.

          Kiba jumped and almost dropped me. “Yuki where have you been? I’ve been looking all over for you.” Kiba says once we walk into his house. I get off his back and follow him into the kitchen. “Where is your family?” I ask as we sit down at the table. “Out, Mom got a mission and will be back in a few days just in time for the last part of the exam and Hana has to work late so she won’t be home until after we are asleep if she comes home at all.” Kiba says before he gets up to look around his kitchen for something to eat. “Hey Kiba why don’t we just go out to eat? I have some money so I will pay.” I say before standing. “Sure but I can pay for my own food. So where do you want to go?” Kiba ask as we walk out of the house.

Kiba’s pov.

          Yuki suggested that we go out to eat I felt relived because I couldn’t cook to save my life. I mean it would have been kind of embarrassing to try cooking something for her and then failing because I kind of like her. Akamaru had told me about how she had taken him with her and talking to him about liking some people but I wonder who she liked. Maybe she liked me like I like her and I could find out. “Kiba you listening to me?” Yuki ask as she waves her hand in front of my face. I look at her before blushing a little. “Sorry I was just thinking about your fight in the exams and how cool it was. Where did you learn that lighting thing?” I ask as we walk into my favorite place to eat. Yuki blushes before looking around the place. I hadn’t eaten here with my team yet and had been saving it for when I went out on my first date. Wait did this count as a date? Would Yuki go out on a date with me if I asked her?

          “This is a really nice place for our date. Sorry it’s a dinner training thing or is it ok to call it a date?” Yuki says as she looks over at me. “It’s fine to call it a date. So about that lightning jutsu who thought you how to do it?” I ask before looking over the menu. “My dad did. Well Kakashi showed me how to do it once or twice but I’m a quick learner.” She says before looking over the menu herself. She asked me if it was a date and I couldn’t help the small smirk that was now on my face. We order our food and talk about the exams. She was sad that I had lost to Naruto but I had to admit it was kind of funny that he had won on accident but hey she hadn’t gotten to see all the fights which made me wonder. “Say Yuki what happened to you after your fight?” I ask as we finish eating.

          “Nothing too big. A few broken ribs and a punctured lung. You know the normal stuff.” Yuki says as she rolls her eyes and shrugs her shoulders. “No big deal you had a punctured lung that sounds like it was pretty bad. I mean Yuki I wouldn’t have been out of the hospital as soon as you if that had happened to me.” I say as I watch her. She was squirming in her seat and looked a little uncomfortable. She finally looks up at me. “Kiba I don’t want to talk about going to the hospital. I think I have spent more time there then I have on missions or training.” Yuki says before looking down at the table. “I understand, let’s go Yuki you look like you are tired and could use a shower.” I say. She nods and we pay for our food before heading home. I start the bath for Yuki then head to my room and change before sitting on my bed to read a little. About an hour later there was a knock on my door so I go over to answer it. Yuki was there in her pj’s and looked a little off. “Kiba do you think I could take Akamaru for the night?” she asks before a cute blush covers her face. “Sure, Akamaru go stay with Yuki for the night.” I say and Akamaru jumps off my bed before walking with Yuki to her room that was by mine. I fall asleep quickly after that.