Chapert 37

Sasuke’s pov.

          Yuki was looking a little pale which made me worry about her a little. I felt my heart drop when she shakes her head no after I asked her if she has ever been on a boat. That means that Naruto, Sakura and I would have to do all that is needed. “Yuki why don’t you sit here by me as we run the boat. You can sit there and learn all that you will need to know.” I say as I take the ruttier. Yuki nods still looking sick before sitting down and we get underway. We were quiet as we work which was fine with me but on the other hand I really wanted to hear Yuki saying something. she had been really quiet since this mission started and it made me wonder why that was. I had thought of pulling Yuki up and having her stand in front of me to teach her how to steer the boat  but I didn’t want to make Sakura jealous of Yuki then start a fight over who has a right to me. I sigh a little before going back to what I was doing.

Yuki’s pov.

          So far I wasn’t getting sea sick so I started watching what the others were doing. Naruto and Sakura were tying some ropes that looked like they were attached to the sail and when I looked up at Sasuke he had this look like he wanted to do something but shakes his head before sighing a little and looking ahead. When they started talking about Ibiki-chan I stood up and walked over to Sakura and Naruto. “Ibiki-chan? Why bring him up?” I ask as I look them over. “Chan? Why call him that Yuki?” Naruto asks and I shake my head a little. “He was there when I became a genin and trained me a little before the final part of the exams.” I mumble before looking away from them. he then started asking if Ibiki was alive before a arrow wized past his face. “a surprise attack?!?!” I ask as I walk closer to the boy we were to protect. There was no way I would let Ibiki-chan’s family get hurt. Sasuke comes up with a plan and Naruto relised that he didn’t have anything to cut the ropes with but the knife that Idate has. Sasuke throws a knife at him then when the ropes were gone but then there were ninja coming from the wood works.

          Sasuke tells us that the real ones are in there with the clones. Sakura being her stands protectively in front of the kid but he wouldn’t let a ninja protect him. I sigh and follow Sasuke’s directions which to be honest it wasn’t too hard to do but it did annoy me a little that we had to rely on him so much. Soon oil was raining down and when the ship caught fire I was a little afraid because that means the ship might sink and we would have to swim. “there is no other option we have to swim from here.” Sasuke says and Sakura was busy trying to get Idate’s attention. ‘Yuki calm down I’m not going to let you die. Now just take a deep breath and when I tell you to jump do so.’ Yuriko says. I shake a little not because of the fire but because of the water.  I was a little shocked when Sakura pulled the mast out of the boat and swings it around like it was nothing. I saw them all jumping and before Sasuke jumps he looks over at me.

          “Yuki hurry up and jump!” Sasuke yells as he jumps. I couldn’t bring my body to move at all. ‘Yuki jump!’ Yuriko screams in my head and I do just as she asks. I hold my breath as I hit the water just like Kakashi had taught me but I was having a hard time finding my way to the surface. ‘I’m going to die. I’m going to run out of air and die.’ I think as I start to panic a little wishing that Kakashi was here to pull me up and out of the water. ‘Yuki calm down. I’ll help you now breath out slowly and push straight up.’ Yuriko tells me in a demanding tone. I know she was trying to help me and I needed to do as she asks of me or I really would die. When my head poops out of the water I take a deep breath and look around to see where my team was. I wasn’t a strong swimmer so I would hold them back if they saw me struggling right now. ‘If I make it home from this I will hit Lady Tsunade so hard she will regret ever sending me on a mission were water is involved.’ I think as I start swimming in the direction I think the others might be going. I had to make it or the others might split up to find me and protect him and they couldn’t do that at all.