Chapter 29

Yuki’s pov.

          It had been 4 days since Kiba had come over for dinner. Kakashi was still out and I was really worried about him. My team had come home yesterday and we were all going to meet up later today. I was currently sitting in Kakashi’s room on the floor by his bed. I hadn’t been walking around all sad and worried the last 4 days I had been going out and training. Guy-sensei had me work with Ten-Ten and Neji on my taijutsu. It was hard work with Neji’s kekkei genkai that he used all the time. I could have had Yuriko help me or used my own kekkei genkai but then wasn’t what I really wanted to do. When I was done I end up walking around the village waiting for my team to meet me where we had agreed to. It was getting kind of boring waiting for them so I walk over to a tree and sit under it to keep the sun out of my eyes.

          I close my eyes a little but soon fall asleep waiting. I wake up to the feel of someone shaking me and I throw a punch at the person who catches my fist. “Yuki that’s not a nice way to great your team mates.” Zaku says in a teasing tone. Mai giggles a little before appearing on my other side a big smile on her face. Zaku pulls me into a hug which squeezes me to the point where I couldn’t breathe. “Zaku your going to kill her if you keep up like that.” Mai says and Zaku lets me go. I gasp for breath and Mai runs over before hugging me. “We missed you Yuki! Too bad you couldn’t come on that mission with us. We really could have used you.” Mai says and Zaku nods his head in agreement. We all walk to the place we always eat together and they tell me all about their mission which went from bad to worst.

          “So as we were protecting him, he runs off to get his dead wife who was animated before stabbing him in the leg. Zaku has to pull him away before it got another chance to kill him.” Mai says as she waves her hands around. “If you were there he would have stopped because he had a thing for girl with white and silver hair. But I think I just missed having you there with us.” Zaku says. we eat and once we were done they walk with me home. “Say Yuki could we stay her for the night? I think it would be a good team building thing because then we can go out and train first thing in the morning.” Mai says. I look at the house before giving them a forced smile which makes them frown and look at me with questioning looks. “what happened?” Zaku asks as he pulls me closer to him in a protective hug. I could feel my body start to shake because I was ready to cr.

          “Kakashi got hurt and has been asleep for 10 days. I’m really worried about him and I don’t want to take him to the hospital because that place scares me to death.” I cry into his shoulder. I could feel soft hands gently smooth out my hair as Mai says soothing things. Once I stop crying I pull away from Zaku who keeps an arm around me. “we want to see him. He’s important to you so he is important to us. We are a team and a family so when one of us is hurt than we pull together to help.” Zaku says. Mai nods her head in agreement before she grabs my hand. I smile at them and lead them into the house. Guy jumps up from the couch when we walk in and he points at my team. “Who the hell are you? What did they do to my sweet little nieces?” Guy yells which makes Kurenai and Asuma run down the stairs to see what is going on. “Let’s go up to your room Yuki so we can keep catching up.” Mai says as she gives us all a kind and warm smile.

          Zaku nods his head in agreement and I sigh as I lead them to the stairs only for all of us to be stopped by Asuma and Kurenai. “Yuki who are they?” Asuma ask in a cold tone. I sigh before looking over at my team. “We are her team you Baka!!!” Zaku snaps as he pulls me back so I was closer to him and Mai. “her team?” Kurenai asks with a surprised look on her face. I nod my head and the three teachers relax a little. “Can we go to my room now?” I ask in a soft voice and they nod letting us walk past them up to my room. once we were there Zaku and Mai sit on my bed pulling me down between them. “your room is so clean and neat. I never thought you would be that way because of your fights.” Mai says as she rolls over to look at me. “that was one fight and I would have died if I didn’t do what I had. At least I won my fights in the exam.” I say as a blush spreads across my face. Mai huffs before giggling a little. “when can we go see him?” Mai asks as she looks up at the ceiling. I sigh a little and stand before walking over to the door.