*17 | out tonight

17 | out tonight
y'all, idk what was going through my head while i was writing this but WHEW the dirty talk —

17 | out tonighty'all, idk what was going through my head while i was writing this but WHEW the dirty talk —

▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃

"Monique, hi!" Roxanne's voice filters through my phone, her accent thick, "How's it going over there?"

I glance over to the kitchen island where Matteo is scrolling away on his phone and munching on pancakes I made him this morning. It's been a week since we decided to try for a relationship and my nerves wouldn't seem to calm during the nights when I get in my head about what's going to happen when I have to go back.

His restaurant is about to open in a couple of days and after that, my duties are done and I'm moving on to my next gig.

Then there's going to be a strain and then we might end up never talking to each other again.

I don't want that to happen.

Drawing myself from my thoughts, I answer my boss, "It's going well. The opening is in a couple of days and it's already gaining a lot of press."

She scoffs in agreement, "Yeah, I can see that. The website you made for Mr. Romano is absolutely gorgeous. How has it been working with him?"

My eyes widen. How do I even answer that? "Uh, it's been good. He's a great client."

I glance up to see Matteo raise a brow at me. 'What?' I mouth to him. He just continues watching me as the conversation between Roxanne and I carries on.

It's not long before we're saying our farewells and she hangs up. Matteo's eyes remain on me as I step towards him and finish my own set of pancakes. She'd called right before I could finish it.

"What, Teo?" I question, licking syrup from my lips.

He smirks and spins his phone between his index finger and thumb, "I'm taking you out tonight."

I tilt my head, a smile growing on my face, "You're so cute."

Matteo rolls his eyes, "Look who's talking, princesa. And that's just only one term I would use to describe you."

"Hmm?"

"Mhmm," He hums, "There's hermosa, etérea, irreal, mía." beautiful, ethereal, unreal, mine. "I am completely taken with you, Monique."

My eyes almost roll back into my head at the sound of him saying my name. The way his words drip from his tonguelike honey and sex. It's intoxicating.