20 | speechless

20 | speechless

▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃

▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃

For a moment, Monique's words left me speechless. What she didn't know was that I'd already fallen for her. It didn't take long — ever since she turned up at my condo wearing that white dress that displayed the curves I love so much.

But, I can't tell her how I feel yet. As forward as I am, I knew me saying those three words so quickly would probably scare her off.

Looking at her now, I slightly regret not saying it when the opportunity presented itself. She laughs at a joke I shared from my childhood, her manicured fingers wrapped around a flute of champagne and her cheeks red from laughing so much.

"Please tell me you playin'." She says through her chuckles, "Your dad literally left you in a supermarket for three hours?"

I nod and lean back in my seat, the smile wide on my face, "The good thing is — he remembered and took me to get helado that same hour. Mi madre was muy enojada when we got back home."

"I can imagine." She snickers, eyes twinkling under the moonlight, "I wish my husband would leave our kid at a supermarket. That's sleeping-on-the-couch behavior."

I smile at her words, subconsciously imagining myself as said husband. Downing the chardonnay in my glass, I lean back completely and watch as Monique eats her final piece of food before joining me.

She shifts to sit between my legs and rests the back of her head against my chest — right above the tattoo I got for my twenty-sixth birthday.

"Those wings on your back..." She starts, fiddling with the glass in her hands. I wrap my arms around her to keep her bare ones protected from the chilly breeze that whips past us, "Is it for your mom?"

I nod and kiss her temple, unable to keep my hands or lips off of her.

"Yes. I got it a month after she died." I explain, running a hand down her arm. She cuddles further into me, enveloping me into her lovely scent. She just smells so good.

She takes my hand into hers and kisses the back of it, "What about this one?"

The topic of my tattoos lasted for a while longer before Monique sits up from my hold and pulls her blouse off. Her piercings glisten in the moonlight and immediately makes me hard.

I watch her as she pulls her bag from beside where we're situated and grabs a black bikini top from it. With her back to me, she tries to tie it only for it to come out looking quite janky.