*37 | try it out

37 | try it out

▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃

▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃

Monique moves quickly throughout the kitchen, grabbing grapes from the fridge before going back for a strawberry and repeating the process. She can't stop moving.

"You want me to what?" She questions for the third time in two minutes, "I know you're saying stuff but it's just not clicking for me."

I shake my head, watching as she grabs orange juice from the fridge and pours it into her champagne glass, creating a mimosa.

"Mo, calm down, princesa."

"Wait." She holds a finger up making me tilt my head, "It's still processing. You asked me to move to Spain with you? Matter of fact, you didn't even ask - you demanded that I move to Spain with you."

"Mo -"

"And then decided to carry on the conversation as if what you just said wasn't that you wanted me to pick up my entire life and move to Spain with you?"

I've lost count of how many times she said those five words. I open my mouth to say something but she continues.

"As if you want me to abandon my sister and my job and my apartment. And even if I were to think about it - you leave tomorrow and you're just bringing this up now. Why not ask the past four days we've been together?"

"Mo -"

"But no, Mr. Romano just wants things to go his way and not even have regard for other people's lives." This makes me clear my throat.

She downs the rest of her beverage and finally stops pacing and talking.

Taking this chance, I walk around the island and approach her, watching as she watches me.

"I'm not leaving New York until you give me a decision. However, I won't be here long because I have a meeting in Madrid next week." I pause, watching as she sighs, "No matter what you choose, princesa, we'll make this work. I promise you."

She glances down, making me lift her head to look up at me, "Hey." I whisper, "I love you."

There's that beautiful smile.

"I love you too." She pokes my chest, playfully, "I'm still pissed at you for not asking earlier."

"Does that mean you'll think about it?" I ask, considering she hadn't really said anything that could confirm her contemplation.