03 | princesa

03 | princesa

▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃

▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃

The inside of the hotel greatly contrasts the outside where it's more of a Caribbean, beach front type feel. The hotel rooms are a different story. While there are large floor-to-ceiling length windows that open up the space more, it's still a modern aesthetic.

It's cute though.

Wouldn't mind staying here for longer than three weeks.

Entering the suite, I'm greeted with a hallway decked out with mirrors — I might have made faces at each one I passed. The hallway leads into a lounge area with a sofa and decent sized television. It might be bigger than mine at home, but who's checking?

Me.

The wall behind the television is shared with the headboard of my bed. The bedroom is separated from the bathroom by a frosted floor to length window, shadowed by little pink flowers.

Cute

Cute.

It smells amazing in here too, the scent of vanilla floating through the air.

I release the handle of my suitcase and leave my carry-on on top of it. I'm absolutely exhausted — jet lag hitting me like a semitruck. I don't know what it is, but long flights just don't allow me the privilege of sleep.

Thinking I can catch up on some now, I do what any sane person does and belly flop on the bed. I caught sight of a flyer for a party on the beach front tonight so I might as well take advantage of the time I have now.

I peek an eye open, the sunlight glaring down in my face, only to catch sight of something I didn't notice before.

A folded note on the other pillow with a bow wrapped on the front. It's not regular paper — it's colored black to match the aesthetic of the room.