06: 𝐈𝐟 '𝐈𝐟' 𝐖𝐚𝐬 𝐀 𝐅𝐢𝐟𝐭𝐡 𝐖𝐞'𝐝 𝐀𝐥𝐥 𝐁𝐞 𝐃𝐫𝐮𝐧𝐤

I took a small sip of the coffee as I flipped the pancake so it wouldn't be burnt. Esme giggled as she watched me make breakfast. This was sorta like our routine. We'd wake up early on Sundays and make breakfast and watch TV. Selene never woke up early enough to watch Esme, considering my little girl is an early bird just like her father. But I don't mind, I love my daughter, I just wished her mother wasn't so incapable.

"Do it higher daddy." She urged anxiously waiting to see the pancake in the air.

"Calabaza, I don't think you want to eat ceiling pancakes." I smirked as I flipped the last pancake onto the plate earning claps from Esme.

"Can I have some of that?" Esme asked pointing to my cup of steaming bitter coffee.

I smiled and shook my head picking her up and settling her in her chair. "Your to young, plus it's hot and bitter."

Esme made a sour face at the way I described it a stuck her tongue out making a yuck noise. "Sounds gross daddy."

I smiled and sat a plate of pancakes in front of her along with her sippy cup full of orange juice. "Good thing your drinking orange juice and not daddy's coffee."

I drizzled syrup on her pancake and mine before sitting down beside her and digging in.

"Where's Addy?" Esme asked with her cheeks full of pancakes.

"Sweetheart, Don't talk with your mouth full. I would like to keep my only child alive."

She nodded and swallowed awaiting my answer.

I sipped my coffee and cleared my throat. "She's at home, she doesn't come until tomorrow."

She frowned a little before taking a big sip of her juice while I dug into my pancakes.

"Daddy?"

I looked up and swallowed my food before responding. "Yes, calabaza?"

"How come mommy yelled at Addy yesterday?" I quirked up my eyebrow at the news. "She looked mad at Addy, but I swear, she's really good and super nice!"

I chuckled at her as she tried to defend Adaline. "Yes, Adaline is good. What did mommy say to Addy?"

Esmeralda pondered in thought, thinking of yesterday before looking at me to respond. "She told her to get the hell out of our house."

I choked on the bitter coffee at Selene's words. Why the hell would she say that in front of Esme? Whipping my mouth with a napkin, I was about to answer but was interrupted by the heels of the she-devil herself.

I stood up from the table and kissed Esme's forehead, ruffling her messy brown hair. "Pumpkin I'll be right back." I gruffed and hurriedly stopped Selene before she could walk out the door.

"Lorenzo, What the hell?!" She hissed as she tried to jerk her arm out of my grip.

"What the fuck do you think you're doing? No 'good morning' to your family?" I growled pulling her from the door.

She huffed and yanked her arm out of my grip, looking in the mirror she straightened up her messy hair and fixed her inappropriately short dress.

"I'm running errands." She huffed and turned to me with a tight-lipped smile.

"Where did you curse in front of Esme, better yet, why did you yell at Adaline?" I crossed my arms over my chest and watched her face morph with irritation.

"Let me ask you something, dear husband,"  She trailed her perfectly manicured finger up my bare chest, tracing my toned abs. "Why the fuck are you fucking the help?"