29: 𝐓𝐡𝐞 𝐔𝐧𝐤𝐧𝐨𝐰𝐧 𝐉𝐨𝐲 𝐓𝐡𝐚𝐭 𝐃𝐢𝐝𝐧'𝐭 𝐋𝐚𝐬𝐭 𝐋𝐨𝐧𝐠

I rubbed her back reassuringly as she threw up into the porcelain toilet, her hair tied into a messy bun to keep out her face — which I did for her. Her arm was wrapped tightly around her tiny waist, squeezing it as more bile rose from her throat.

My frown deepened when she was done spilling and spitting the remnants of the vomit. She let out a small sob, covering her quivering busted lip. I pulled her into my arms hastily, kissing and caressing her tightly. She was shivering in my embrace as she sniffled out kitten cries that were spilled into my bare chest.

"I can't keep watching you do this Adaline..." I muttered. "I'm taking you to the doctor."

A scoff sounded throughout the bathroom, I turned my body slightly to find Nic, Saude, and little Esme peeking out from behind them. She had a frown on her lips as she stared at Adaline who was still wrapped in my arms.

"She doesn't need a doctor, she needs a pregnancy test." Saude rolled open one of the bathroom's draws, revealing many brand new bathroom utensils, such as; razors, toothbrushes, and a few pregnancy tests. He reaches for one of the clear blue tests, tossing the small box to us. "You guys have been fucking like rabbits." He snorted before turning back around with Esme.

Nicholas stood there staring at us with a void expression glued to his unreadable face. He unexpectedly just walked away. My mind then focused on the pregnancy test that laid beside me, I reached out for the box. Noticing the old-looking box that had brown-colored corners, I sighed. "Baby you gotta take this,"

She sniffed slightly before pulling her reddened face from my chest, looking at the small pregnancy test. Her chocolate eyes widened and she shook her head quickly. "I-I'm not pregnant...I-I can't be, t-the doctor-"

"Said that it will be hard for you to get pregnant considering your irregular ovulation. I know, but there's still a chance and you've got to know," I sighed heavily as I looked down at the old-outdated pregnancy test. "I've got to know."

"But-But...I-I can't...I-Im not-"

"Baby, calm down," I rubbed her back soothingly. Her breathing was erratic and she soon was hunched over the toilet, throwing up again. I sighed, leaning down and kissing her shoulder. "Let me go get a new one, this one is expired."

When I went to get up, she grasped my forearm harshly pulling me back. "No! No, I'll do it. I-I need to get out of the house so let me."

I furrowed my eyebrows into a profound frown. "I could do it, there's a store down the road. I'll be quick."

She shook her head, still not letting me go. "N-No, I need it. Let me go."

"No, you need rest. I can do it, let me." I argued back.

"Please?" She pouted her bottom lip out, giving me puppy dog eyes. I sighed tiredly — giving into her — I nodded my head in involuntary agreement. Her lips quirked into a small smile and she got up to brush her teeth. As I watched her switch my shirt for sweatpants and one of my hoodies, In the back of my head, my subconscious didn't agree with my decision.

She smiled walking up to me, resting her chin on my hard chest. "Be careful okay? And come back soon. I want those results." I muttered sorta sternly as I landed my lips onto her freshly mint ones. She did a cute 'mwah' for dramatics before leaving our room and the house.

☹︎