07: 𝐏𝐨𝐨𝐥 𝐃𝐚𝐲 𝐀𝐧𝐝 𝐒𝐮𝐫𝐩𝐫𝐢𝐬𝐞𝐬

I felt my cheeks heat up and turn a vague shade of red. I pulled his hand from my neck, hearing a groan of disappointment climb his throat.

"Um...I made breakfast...Is Esme up yet?" I asked sheepishly earning chuckles from Saude and Nicholas.

"It's all good little momma, If he's happy with you, That's all that matters." Nic nodded in approval with Saude before sitting in front of plates.

"This looks delicious...What is it?" Nic asked as he bit into the quesito. I smiled and took one for myself, biting into the cheesy pastry, moaning at the warmth of the pleasing pastry.

I looked up to see the guys looking at me. Nic and Lorenzo with wide ass eyes while Saude had a playful smirk on his lips. I covered my mouth as I quickly chewed it down, the crimson blush evident on my lightish skin tone.

"—I didn't mean to..." I finally managed out as I finished chewing the food. "It's quesito, It's a cheese pastry my mother taught me to make back in Puerto Rico." I smiled proudly at my origin that I so truly loved.

"Ah, yes. My abuela made these when I was a child, for me and my brother."

I smiled at Lorenzo and watched them dig in and conversate, soon later Esme joining us sitting in her father's lap.

"Addy this is reeeeally buen!" She giggled as she played with the goopy cheese.

I smiled. "Thank you, Esme, I really appreciate it."

"I really appreciate you being here Adaline, Now that Selene won't be here anymore...I must ask—"

"Merida." Lorenzo cursed under his breath as he pulled out his phone and read the caller.

"Merida?" Esme tested the word on her tongue.

My eyes widen and I shook my head, watching Nic scold Saude for laughing. "Esme baby, don't say that, it's a bad word." I said ruffling her hair.

Lorenzo covered the receiver of the phone and turned back to us. "I'll be right back this is important." He started before taking Esme out of his lap and sitting her in the chair.

"It's probably work-related, you know he's a busy man," Nicholas explained reaching over to the plate that perched in the center of the table. "God, these are really good!"

I giggled before digging into my own breakfast. "Oh Emse, I was thinking since today was going to be hot...we'd have a pool day, hm?" I insisted as I watched the little girl's face light up with excitement.

"Can I join?" Saude asked, grinning a toothy grin at me.

"Of course, you're both welcome to join. I'll just confirm my plan with Lorenzo and ask if it's okay."

Just as if on cue, Lorenzo walked back in with all his glory and a stressed look on his face. "I'll be working from home today so Adaline you won't have to do much, Your free to go if you want." He sighed running his hands through his dark curls of hair.

"Oh, I actually don't mind staying. I was wondering if I could use the pool today since it's gonna be hot and everything." I nervously asked as I gathered the plates and dumped them into the dishwasher.

"Oh?" He spoke quirking an eyebrow up and looking at Saude and Nicholas. "I don't mind at all, please do be careful."

I nodded and collected Esme, taking her upstairs to clean her up and change her into a cute little onesie with her arm floaties. After that, I went to the bathroom and changed into my bikini that amplified my small but well-shaped figure. Putting my hair in a bun and a mesh duster on, I carried Esme back downstairs to the pool area where Nic and Saude were already relaxing and eyeing me.